Tables : User , User Setup , User Personalization and Login

alok_didaalok_dida Member Posts: 73
Hi Experts,

1) Please differentiate all these User , User Setup , User Personalization and Login tables.

2)Can somebody tell me what is difference between table User and table Login?

I have seen that when I run form User Personalization and look up for User Id at that time it shows entry in Logins form whose source table is Login table. But when i am running Logins form separately it's not showing any entry.

Same thing happening with User Setup Form. When i am look up for User id in this form its opening Users form and in that i also look up for user id it will also open up Logins form.

Is that mean that for all User related things are stored in Login table ? And if yes than when its not showing any single entry when i am running from Logins separately?

3)Suppose i want to add any more field regarding any User like his birthdate than where should i add this field? In login table or User table or User Personalization or User setup?

Please give me proper details for this. I am very confused regarding this.

Comments

• kash387kash387 Member Posts: 111
    alok_dida wrote:
    Hi Experts,

1) Please differentiate all these User , User Setup , User Personalization and Login tables.

2)Can somebody tell me what is difference between table User and table Login?

I have seen that when I run form User Personalization and look up for User Id at that time it shows entry in Logins form whose source table is Login table. But when i am running Logins form separately it's not showing any entry.

Same thing happening with User Setup Form. When i am look up for User id in this form its opening Users form and in that i also look up for user id it will also open up Logins form.

Is that mean that for all User related things are stored in Login table ? And if yes than when its not showing any single entry when i am running from Logins separately?

3)Suppose i want to add any more field regarding any User like his birthdate than where should i add this field? In login table or User table or User Personalization or User setup?

Please give me proper details for this. I am very confused regarding this.

Ans:1
    User Table, used to store the password and userid and name at the time when you create the User..!!!

User Setup, used to provide the permission for allowing posting (from-to posting dates). Even there are few other fields also there, you can have idea by their captions also...!!

User Personalization and Login I dont know that much...

Ans:3,

I have never added any field into User Table, regarding its, personal details and I dont know whether any other table exists for that or not..!!! But might be the User table is okay other than the tables you have mentioned to add custom fields.
    Thanks,

Kashyap
  • alok_didaalok_dida Member Posts: 73
    kash387 wrote:

Ans:1
    User Table, used to store the password and userid and name at the time when you create the User..!!!

User Setup, used to provide the permission for allowing posting (from-to posting dates). Even there are few other fields also there, you can have idea by their captions also...!!

User Personalization and Login I dont know that much...

Ans:3,

I have never added any field into User Table, regarding its, personal details and I dont know whether any other table exists for that or not..!!! But might be the User table is okay other than the tables you have mentioned to add custom fields.

Hi Kashyap,

Thanks for your reply.

For Ans 3..Me decided to add that field in User table . Because I have found many fields which is regarding to User like email and other fields. In User table they are just storing Username and Password so better to store it in a User Setup table instead of User table.

still my 2 other questions are unanswered.
  • ProcatProcat Member Posts: 31
    Users are used for Database logins.
    Logins are used to store informaton about a login such as name and email for both windows and database login.