Report Orientation on Run Time

DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
Hi Friends,

I am creating one report where the content of the report is same. But user takes print out of the report either landscape or portrait.

Now my question is can end-user decide orientation at run time?

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    When you run a report and the Filters / Options form opens up, there is a page setup option. If your report fits in both orientations I don't see a problem... Is there a specific issue you are facing?
  • guptavarunmcaguptavarunmca Member Posts: 95
    After CTRL+R the report then goto File-Pagesetup from there you can set all the properties to be print.
    With Best Regards:
    VARUN K. GUPTA
  • DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
    I am really sorry that my question is not specific. It is not going as deep as per requirement.

Let me specify one more time.

I have table called "job". I am using two body section called Body(1) and Body(2) in body(1) the text format is in landscape & Body(2) the text format is in portrait orientation. The body content of both the sections are same, just orientation is the matter.

When I run the report, request form comes and user select job no. On Clicking of preview or run user decides whether landscape or portrait section should run.
  • DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
    Looking for help.
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    You can use the CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT command to control which section will print.
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    What is the problem? Should the user see the preview first and based on that print the report in either landscape or portrait. Or should the request-form have an option landscape/portrait?

If you would like to have a request form, and then a second request form for the landscape/portrait mode, then you should seek another solution, but you can edit the original request form with an filter on job and an options tab with your format.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|