Automated CTI-Like Integration

cschriebercschrieber Member Posts: 15
Hello!

I am trying to decide if it would be feasible for my organization to attempt to automate part of a process we currently try to do manually.

We have an "in house" app that displays images. The images have an ID associated with them. The user enters data from the Image into NAV, and when done, copies the ID into a field in NAV. About half the time, though, they either forget to copy the ID, or copy the wrong value, etc. I'd like to find a way to have this auto populate for them.

I'm assuming this is possible, as we are using a CTI application that pops up customer names based on their phone numbers. Further, it would seem the NAS client works in this manner.

Does anyone have some information on how this would be accomplished?

I realize there could be licensing issues on this, but that's not my worry at this point. Strictly exploring possibilities at this point.

Thank you!
Chad Schrieber
Joyce Meyer Ministries
Fenton, MO USA
http://www.joycemeyer.org

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Just get in touch with your Navision partner. This does not seem like a very complex issue, I am sure they can solve it for you. Unfortunately without a good Navision developer you are not going to be able to solve this in house though.
    David Singleton
  • cschriebercschrieber Member Posts: 15
    Thank you for the reply!

At this time, we are interested in lowering our dependency on our vendor, and have brought a considerable amount of development in-house. While approaching them with this is a possibility, I feel I only need an understanding of how to get connected at this point, and then we can see where to go from there.

Is it a matter of setting up a custom NAS to "hook in" to NAV? From what I can tell, that isn't an impossible task. I'm just not certain that's the correct course of action to take.

Thanks!

Chad S.
    Chad Schrieber
    Joyce Meyer Ministries
    Fenton, MO USA
    http://www.joycemeyer.org