Editable Option

ShonatinaShonatina Member Posts: 114
Hi All,

Can an option field be editable for the user?

Thank You :D
smile always
shona
That which you seek inside is that which you find outside

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Do you mean to change the selected value or to create a new entry in the options?
  • ShonatinaShonatina Member Posts: 114
    create an new entry...like if the option fields has say...payment,sales

if the user want to add invoice then can he/she? or change the existing values(payment,sales)
    smile always
    shona
    No you can't. You need to have a developer's license and change the field in the table.
    oh because my client wants an option field to be editable, i said that is not possible. but they have asked me to see whether i can do it any way.

Not even through code i can do so?

thanks
    smile always
    shona
    No. I wouldn't even try it. How would you update the code in the objects that reference this field?

Can you explain us the requirement? Depending on the actual requirement you could add a Code field that could be used with some table that stores the available values.
    And as i said...thats my requirement, i have a option field which needs to be editable for the users so they can add or change the data's...
    kapamarou wrote:
    Depending on the actual requirement you could add a Code field that could be used with some table that stores the available values.

what do you mean by this?

Thanks again
    smile always
    shona
  • kash387kash387 Member Posts: 111
    Shonatina wrote:
    And as i said...thats my requirement, i have a option field which needs to be editable for the users so they can add or change the data's...
    kapamarou wrote:
    Depending on the actual requirement you could add a Code field that could be used with some table that stores the available values.

what do you mean by this?

Thanks again

He means that if its your requirement then go for a code field, that allows user to enter any value that he/she wants to and add it to different table....

As you need user defined options.... in India, clients dont easily adopt the systems, they always ask such things.... so either keep continue your search for editable option or just explain to your client that your requirement can be settle down in another way.... what exactly he wants.... is it during the time of any transaction..????
    Thanks,

Kashyap
    Look at table 27 Item Category Code field...
    Thank you all for your replies dear....

I told my client it is not possible and design to their satisfication differently..
    smile always
    shona