Options

The user ID and password are invalid. Try again

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
edited 2011-03-02 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

We are using Web Services and we are trying to integrate NAV 2009 to another product and we are receiving the following error
The user ID and password are invalid. Try again

what could be the problem? how can we hard code the username and password of a particular user so that can actually write in NAV 2009 through this user.

Can you help me please

Regards and Thanks

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Just look at the examples for how to use Webservices. You will see that there is property Credentials which must be set...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    derekderek Member Posts: 22
    I get this same error message on different situation and I don't know how to solve this issue.

I have been done NAV2009 R2 installation on three seperate computers. With guide of installation has been Walktrough: 3T on 3CPU -manual and this forum. Installation is also tested with Best Practice Analyzer, and only errors on the list are for Business Web Service.
    I can get connection to SQL database with Classic and RTC clients on NAVSERVER. But, with CLIENT computer and RTC client this doesn't work, it only popup's this "The user ID and password are invalid. Try again" message. All these three computers are in same domain. Developer license has uploaded to database.

All installation task's are double checked: SPN's, Delegating access, domain logins, OCL's..

Event viewer logs on SQL:
    An account was successfully logged on.

Subject:
    Security ID: NULL SID
    Account Name: -
    Account Domain: -
    Logon ID: 0x0

Logon Type: 3

New Logon:
    Security ID: ANONYMOUS LOGON
    Account Name: ANONYMOUS LOGON
    Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY
    Logon ID: 0xc032f11a
    Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Process Information:
    Process ID: 0x0
    Process Name: -

Network Information:
    Workstation Name: NAVSERVER
    Source Network Address: -
    Source Port: -

Detailed Authentication Information:
    Logon Process: NtLmSsp
    Authentication Package: NTLM
    Transited Services: -
    Package Name (NTLM only): NTLM V1
    Key Length: 128
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Still, it seems that the problem are SPNs. Check that there is no MORE SPNs than it should be. Not only if they are missing, but when there are some additional SPNs could be problem.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply.

Now I have one domain user, which ran SQL and NAV Server services.
    When I list SPN's for this user, I get following information:
    DynamicsNAV/NAV_Server:7046
    DynamicsNAV/NAV_Server.domain.lan:7046
    MSSQLSvc/SQL_Server:1433
    MSSQLSvc/SQL_Server.domain.lan:1433

Now NAVbpa show errors for SPN and Delegation. Could I trust for this application and these messages?
    From RTC Computer, my server address is : NAV_Server:7046/DynamicsNAV
    I also tried different parameter combinations on client and server config files, but without success.
  • Options
    Wow. I figured out this one. As you say Kine, problem found under SPN's. Thanks.

In this case main reason was multiple DC's on same network. Because, at installation I used diffrent domain user than target domain was, then this login error came on my face. Then I made user to same domain as where PC's are, and connection has created. All the time I used installation user at test-user, because it works from NAVSERVER to SQL. But because SPN permission have not right to all these domain, then connection from NAVCLIENT to NAVSERVER fails.
    My final SPN's are:
    DynamicsNAV/NAV_Server:7046
    DynamicsNAV/NAV_Server.domain1.lan:7046
    MSSQLSvc/SQL_Server.domain1.lan:1433