Nav 2009 - Web Based?

DhaneeshaDhaneesha Member Posts: 62
Hi,

I am actually using Nav 2009 at one client's place and they have asked me a simple question which seems quite confusing to my team.

They asked if Nav 2009 is web based? and if yes, how is it integrated in Nav 2009, meaning how it is implemented and used... also, they asked about webservices in Navision, how it is used in Navision and for what purposes.

Please can anyone help me with these questions.
(giving me some examples if possible)
Thanks in advance

DB

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What they are meaning with the "Web-based"? If the RTC is "thin" client? Answer is NO. RTC is not thin (web) client. It is Rich client. Running it ower WAN is an issue. The WebServices in NAV are not used by default, they are there as a tool for integrating NAV with other systems as partners and customers needs.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Dhaneesha wrote:
    They asked if Nav 2009 is web based?
    See also this thread: USING NAVISION OVER THE WEB
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    kine wrote:
    What they are meaning with the "Web-based"? If the RTC is "thin" client? Answer is NO. RTC is not thin (web) client. It is Rich client. Running it ower WAN is an issue. The WebServices in NAV are not used by default, they are there as a tool for integrating NAV with other systems as partners and customers needs.

:-#
    David Singleton