Confirm Dialog & Close Form

fabio78fabio78 Member Posts: 37
Hi,

I've a problem with Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 with build 6.0.30711 (hotfix 30711).
If you have more than one window opened, for example in order
1. form 1
2. form 2
3. form 3
4. form 4

and you have a confirm dialog for example in OnModify trigger of form 4:
if not confirm('Are you sure?',false) then
error('Cancel');

when you modify the record, then close the form, OnModify trigger ask you if you are sure: if you press OK button, form 4 is correctly closed, but the client switch directly on form 1 (the first form in open order).

This happen even in Cronus, with fin.exe and finsql.exe client.

thanks

Comments

• eclipseseclipses Member Posts: 8
    With the last build 30929 I have same problem. Do you know where I can report the bug to Microsoft? I have too another bug :-(
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    eclipses wrote:
    Do you know where I can report the bug to Microsoft? I have too another bug :-(

You can email the team members.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/contact.aspx

It appears they are only taking suggestions at this time :whistle:
    http://connect.microsoft.com/directory/ ... -software/

http://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    Does this happen regardless of fullscreen mode or normal window mode?

There is at least 2 nasty bug I know of which MS confirmed but will not resolve :-k .
    Both only happen in Fullscreen mode but not in normal window mode.
    Both examples below are from Sales Order Line, Field No.:

1. Under certain circumstances NAV loses the current field no.: In a table Field Trigger calling a Function in a CU with Rec as the parameter.
    Workarounds: Don't use Rec but a local record variable or store the currfieldno in a variable and restore it after returning from your CU. (true for several 4.03 and 6.01 builds)

2. Unter certain circumstances NAV continues with the wrong code: In a table field trigger call a Function in a CU which creates temp recs and opens a window (comments in my case). After closing the window NAV first updates the sales order line window where we came from and then continues with the code in the table field trigger (true for several 4.03 and 6.01 builds). No workaround.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
    Savatage wrote:
    It appears they are only taking suggestions at this time :whistle:

Tnx, 2 new suggestion (or BUG) inserted ;-)
    If you can vote my suggestions so maybe understand that are urgents :-D

https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicss ... s/Feedback
    - Confirm Dialog & Close Form
    - Refresh Form with Empty SourceTableTemporary
    FDickschat wrote:
    Does this happen regardless of fullscreen mode or normal window mode?

There is at least 2 nasty bug I know of which MS confirmed but will not resolve :-k .
    Both only happen in Fullscreen mode but not in normal window mode.
    Both examples below are from Sales Order Line, Field No.:

1. Under certain circumstances NAV loses the current field no.: In a table Field Trigger calling a Function in a CU with Rec as the parameter.
    Workarounds: Don't use Rec but a local record variable or store the currfieldno in a variable and restore it after returning from your CU. (true for several 4.03 and 6.01 builds)

2. Unter certain circumstances NAV continues with the wrong code: In a table field trigger call a Function in a CU which creates temp recs and opens a window (comments in my case). After closing the window NAV first updates the sales order line window where we came from and then continues with the code in the table field trigger (true for several 4.03 and 6.01 builds). No workaround.

Fullscreen or Normal it's the same :-(
    The bug happens after pass hotfix to Nav 2009 SP1. If I take the original fin.exe file I havent this problem!!! I use the last build.
    Why you don't insert too suggestions???
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    As I wrote, they already know of these bugs but will not resolve aynmore. :roll:
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
    FDickschat wrote:
    As I wrote, they already know of these bugs but will not resolve aynmore. :roll:

That sound no good :shock: