Special Orders Received Shipped on wrong Sales Order

SarahSoltecSarahSoltec Member Posts: 27
I have found an issue where I add a Special Sales order and Produce the linked Purchase Order via the Requisition Worksheet.
I then Receipt the Purchase Order via a Warehouse Receipt.
The system has then allowed me to create a pick and sell this item on another Sales Order for another Customer which is outstanding for this Item no.
I may be missing something but had understood the idea of the special order was that when that item came in on the Purchase Order it didnt go into Inventory and was only available to be sold on the linked Special Sales Order.
If anyone knows this as an issue or I have missed something your advise is appreciated.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• SarahSoltecSarahSoltec Member Posts: 27
    Sorry forgot to add that this issue was found in the Role Tailored Client.
    Regards
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Yes, but it is a functional problem and not directly related to the RTC, so it still goes in the NAV classic]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I may be missing something but had understood the idea of the special order was that when that item came in on the Purchase Order it didnt go into Inventory and was only available to be sold on the linked Special Sales Order.

If the item doesn't go into inventory when you receive it then where do you think it's supposed to go?

I dont use RTC but we do use Special Orders & Req Worksheets everyday. I have never seen it update the sales order by itself. In fact I created a report called "Update Special Order Sales Lines" which I have added to one of the Functions->menu items on the po form.

ONPush of the menu item it calls the report already filling the Document type & Document No of the po.
    The report has two dataitems Purchase Line with Sales Line indented.

ON the salesline dataitem
    OnAfterGetRecord()
    //Get the Matching Po & Sales Line
    if Purchline.GET("Document Type","Special Order Purchase No.","Special Order Purch. Line No.")
    then begin
    Salesline.Quantity := Purchline.Quantity / Salesline."Qty. per Unit of Measure";

//Copy Descriptions
    Salesline.Description := Purchline.Description;
    Salesline."Description 2" := Purchline."Description 2";

//Validate & Modify
    Salesline.VALIDATE(Quantity);
    Salesline.MODIFY;
    end;
    **We have it do other things too like update the sales header with info n such - but I edited it down.
    So basically what we do it when one of these "special order" po's is received we then run the "Update sales line" report. We have many mods on our sales lines so perhaps it does it automatically in unmodified nav versions, but I haven't seen it myself.
    Thanks.. think maybe my wording was a little unclear I meant that it wouldnt come into Inventory to be picked up for other orders and that it was automatically reserved against that sale. I will look into your suggestions.
    Ahh, On the item card what do you have the "Reserve Field" maked as Never, Optional Or ALWAYS?

When you enter the item on a journal or requisition line, the contents of this field will be copied to the Reserve field on the line.

When you enter the item on a sales line, the contents of this field, in combination with the contents of the Reserve field on the sales header, determine the contents of the Reserve field on sales lines in the document. The reserve option on the item card will be copied to the line (thereby overriding the reserve option from the customer card) except in one case: if you select Optional in this field and you enter the item on a document where the Reserve field in the sales header contains Always, the sales line will be assigned the option Always.
    All reserve option are set to optional. I wasnt expecting to need to use the reserve functionality producing Special Orders, I had thought it was the link between the 2 that meant that when the item was received in on that purchase order that it would then only be able to be sold on that sales order. As per the previous post. Ill look at the report details you sent
    Thanks for your help
    Regards
    Sarah
    We don't use the reserve option either - our's is set to optional but that post above is from the F1 help on the field Reserve so I can only assume if you set it as stated above it will do what you are looking for. We use the report because we need other things to happen like updating sales headers and updating at specific times of the day. So we have more control.

But It's Your call.