Options

Key Points & Tips

ShonatinaShonatina Member Posts: 114
edited 2010-07-08 in General Chat
Hi All....

I am putting together an Tips kinda book for C/SIDE Nav.....i have jolted down some points i have learnt so far...Which could be very very silly for few here but might help some...

(1) To map any Form/Table/Report to a Checkbox, Option field or Command button use the property “Push Action” along with “RunObject” or “RunSystem” . This has totally 12 choices...go through all.

(2) To have all the color combination (999999999) in random in your object, code it as

try this on one of your text boxes!

say "Item List" Description

OnFormat(VAR Text : Text[260];)

RANDOMIZE;

CurrForm.Description.UPDATEFORECOLOR(RANDOM(999999999));

(3) When entering comment lines the standard behavior is to beep at the end of the line. In our old system users could just keep entering. At the end of the line the input is switched to the next line automatically.

To create this behavior you need to go to the properties of the field in the form. There you set the property AutoEnter to Yes AND the property NextControl to its own ID.

(4) To know whether the object has been modified, export the object as a text file. Export the same object as a text file from a standard database. Run them through a text compare tool.

And would love if others could add more to it..thanks
smile always
shona
That which you seek inside is that which you find outside