Filtered result differences

DuikmeesterDuikmeester Member Posts: 304
Can somebody point me in the correct direction where to find the problem of the following results:

Using filters "Job No." = '0714' AND "Job Task No." = '*1' give me result:
    1.10.10.1 1.10.20.1 1.10.30.1

But using "Job No." = '0714' AND "Job Task No." = '*.1' gives me:

So filter with [dot] gives more results then without. The results from either Dynamics NAV Form/Table or directly on SQL2008 are the same.
And the stranged thing is the problem is only with the numbers *0, *1 and *5

Comments

• matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    Can somebody point me in the correct direction where to find the problem of the following results:

Using filters "Job No." = '0714' AND "Job Task No." = '*1' give me result:
      1.10.10.1 1.10.20.1 1.10.30.1

But using "Job No." = '0714' AND "Job Task No." = '*.1' gives me:

So filter with [dot] gives more results then without. The results from either Dynamics NAV Form/Table or directly on SQL2008 are the same.
    And the stranged thing is the problem is only with the numbers *0, *1 and *5

Hi

Which database collation are you using?

Can you try with a collation compatibile with SQL Server 2005?
    example if you use "Latin1_General_100_CI_AS", try to use "Latin1_General_CI_AS"

Create a new empty database with a SQLSRV2005 collation and do a FBK restore (or import with a dataport only job task table). Then retry your query.

There is a know SQLServer bug with the new 2008 collation... an cumulative update (nr 6 or 7, i don't rememenber) will be relased within the end of this month.

Bye

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • DuikmeesterDuikmeester Member Posts: 304
    Eto wrote:
    Hi

example if you use "Latin1_General_100_CI_AS", try to use "Latin1_General_CI_AS"

Create a new empty database with a SQLSRV2005 collation and do a FBK restore (or import with a dataport only job task table). Then retry your query.

There is a know SQLServer bug with the new 2008 collation... an cumulative update (nr 6 or 7, i don't rememenber) will be relased within the end of this month.

Bye

Matteo

We are using "Latin1_General_100_CI_AI" as collation. As only our development environment is currently running SQL we can wait till this update is released. Where can I find more info about this update you mentioned...
  • matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    Eto wrote:
    Hi

Bye

Matteo

We are using "Latin1_General_100_CI_AI" as collation. As only our development environment is currently running SQL we can wait till this update is released. Where can I find more info about this update you mentioned...

Hi.

We have a ticket with Microsoft scaled to SQL Core Team exactly about this problem.
    I don't know if there is some public information, but Support told me that the cumulative update 8 will be released at the end of this month.

Bye

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • DuikmeesterDuikmeester Member Posts: 304
    Ok, problem still resides 1 year and 1 month later. Running SQL Server 2008 R2 by now and just gone live first customer with SQL.

EDIT: Installed SQL 2008 R2 SP1, problem solved!