same report filtering but different result

laudakwahlaudakwah Member Posts: 19
Dear All,

On a same report, two users are having same filterings. Strangely, user A can view the report with results but user B views the report without any result. Both users also have same permission which is "Super". Not sure what have caused this, any suggestion on this scenario? ](*,)

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    what's the report? what are the filter?is there an "options" tab?
    are there some filters set by code that are user-related?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • laudakwahlaudakwah Member Posts: 19
    Hi Belias,

Thanks for your reply. It is a stock profitability customized report. The filters are just on Item Code and Location. There is not any user-related filtering in this report.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    If you are 100% sure that the 2 users have the same filters/parameters set for the report, then check if both users are accessing the same db/company...otherwise, there MUST be some user-related "if" clauses or filters...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • fverkelfverkel Member Posts: 66
    May I suggest that you compile the report and try again?
    Compile, so that you can be sure that there are no user-specific filters or sortings in the ZUP-file.

- Maybe the users don't use the same sorting order.
    - Maybe there is a filter that is 'out of sight'. Because of many ReqFilterFields, or maybe a special character that can be easily overlooked.
    Keep It Simple and Stupid (KISS), but never oversimplify.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    laudakwah wrote:
    Hi Belias,

Thanks for your reply. It is a stock profitability customized report. The filters are just on Item Code and Location. There is not any user-related filtering in this report.
    I know you said they have the same filters, but I have had this problem, were one filter was on:

and the other was using the field

location filter

they are different fields
  • laudakwahlaudakwah Member Posts: 19
    Dear All,

Thanks for your sharing. Have found that there is something wrong with the zup file, user can now view the report after removed the zup file.