Porting US Bank Recon to W1 version in NAV 5 (SP1)

dlerouxdleroux Member Posts: 87
We have a client who is running two separate DBs - one is US version and one is W1. They now have the same personnel doing bank reconciliations on both DBs and have become painfully aware of the shortcomings of the W1 bank recon procedure compared to the US process.
Has anyone ported the US bank recon into the W1 database and if so, can they share what was involved?

Thanks!

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    why aren't they running one database US version in both database. I suggest to load all the US objects in the W1 and you are done.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • dlerouxdleroux Member Posts: 87
    Well, one set of companies is located in Norway and they originally had their NAV system installed there with the W1 license. I'm reluctant to just install the US objects becasue I am uncertain as to just how many dependencies there are and what it might break in the process. Also the Partner Power folks think there may be a licensing issue.(This I am going to investigate)

So, I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone already had the experience before I invent the wheel to determine how many resources we will need to commit and what we would have to charge.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    We had a client who was on W1 and we were able to change it to US, and we ported them to US database from W1.

If nobody answers, I suggest to use DevToolkit and load only the US objects and use whereused for US Fields in (10K range) and you will find all the interdependencies.

You will also have to renumber the fields and tables to 50K range to use in W1 license.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • dlerouxdleroux Member Posts: 87
    Thanks, so I'm going to learn to love the dev toolkit all over again :)

I did verify that there is a license issue with three reports so they will have to be moved to the 50K range. For the rest I'll see just how bad it turns out to be.