Options

Calling Functions in Reports

KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
edited 2010-07-07 in NAV Three Tier
When calling a modified version of the report 25 account schedule we get an error
"Report state information cannot be transferred to Microsoft Dynamics NAV client report from the Role Tailored Client...." (see jpg) under the RTC.

Only the same two functions from the standard report are called in the OnAction-Trigger of the page, no new functions have been added to this report. Calling the standard report works, calling the modified report does not. ](*,)
Kai Kowalewski

Comments

• Options
    TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    I had this happen to me... but I am racking my brain to remember what it was and how I fixed it....

Mine was running some processes (that used some reports) and not reports in the usual UI sense...

Damn its frustrating that I can't remember what it was... If it pops into my head I will let you know.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    how many time i've waited to use this link!!!finally the time has come :mrgreen:

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q="report+state+information+cannot"
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    Belias wrote:
    how many time i've waited to use this link!!!finally the time has come :mrgreen:

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q="report+state+information+cannot"

That was awesome, I have never seen that before.... =D>
  • Options
    edited 2010-07-07
    I was aware of the msdn article, but as I pointed out, the standard report 25 has two public functions too, and works. There are some new columns in the modified report, but no new functions are called before this is run. It makes no sense to me why calling the same functions
    AccSchedName.GET("Schedule Name");
    AccSched.SetAccSchedName(AccSchedName.Name);
    AccSched.SetColumnLayoutName(AccSchedName."Default Column Layout");
    AccSched.RUN;

(this is is standard code behind the print button)

suddenly lead to this error.

And, in a broader sense, what is wrong with calling functions in reports before you run these?
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    well, does your personalized version have the rdlc layout or not?if not, try to create a blank one
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    Belias wrote:
    well, does your personalized version have the rdlc layout or not?if not, try to create a blank one
    It does have an RDCL Layout, only somewhat different to the standard layout.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    :-k :-k
    what about processingonly property?true or false?
    i'm wondering why nav tries to render your report in classic client...(as stated in the error)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    Belias wrote:
    i'm wondering why nav tries to render your report in classic client...(as stated in the error)

ProcessOnly reports does not have layout [-X only request page.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    Belias wrote:

ProcessOnly reports does not have layout [-X only request page.
    you're right!i just noticed that if you change the processingonly property from no to yes after creating the layout (rdlc), nav asks you to delete it...it doesn't with the classic client (that's why i asked about the processingonly), so, processingonly property is not the problem... :-k
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    If a report has layout, the layout is called in rtc.

If your report has layout and rtc try to run the classic version, the rtc is connected to database different from the one classic client is connected.

(i guess :whistle: )
    -Mihail- [MCTS]