Options

How to set paper size for barcode lables from navision

PreethiPreethi Member Posts: 12
We have got problem in priting a barcode in the barcode printer.
we are using easycoder f4 printer and Code39 format.

In navision we are able to see barcode lines in report priview but when we print it.Its not going to printer.
We have checked the printer settings with test print of the printer software.printer and system is communicated.

Should we need to mention any paper size or anything other than font in our report in order to print in barcode printer???

Comments

• Options
    QuasimodoQuasimodo Member Posts: 45
    HI,

is your whole label not printed or just the barcode-format.

Michael
  • Options
    Whole lable is not printed.
    Barcode format is visible in Navision report preview.
  • Options
    QuasimodoQuasimodo Member Posts: 45
    If you use the command: REPORT.RUN(xxx,FALSE,FALSE,rec), don't forget to set the 3rd parameter to false. Otherwise your barcode is printed automatically to your standard-printer and go to General Ledger - Setup - Printer selections and assign your report to the barcode printer.
  • Options
    Thanks Quasimodo, for your valuable check.

I made the changes as you told. now when i give print, now when i see in the pending list of the barcode printer, the document is there but in the barocde printer it is not printing.

how should i proceed?
    I checked the barocode printer connection with the system. Gave test print from its installation software, it is printing in the barcode printer.
  • Options
    tvandongentvandongen Member Posts: 78
    Are you using a windows driver ?

If so, can you print from other programs (for example word).

Otherwise try to start with a simple report (just a plain text in the middle of the label), and try if that is working.

We are also using easycoder printers (but another model 501 XP and 601 XP), and we had some problems when we started. Just look carefully to size and orientation.

If you are wondering if the problem is printing in navision or the way how your printer is handling the print job, just pauze the print queue and look if navision is putting a print job in it.