JOB schedulers in NAV 2009 sp1

thankeshthankesh Member Posts: 170
Hi,

I want to execute xml port import/export files everyday at a particular time and those files to be stored in a common repository folder automatically by using Job schedulers in NAV? Any job schedulers available in NAV 2009 SP1? Thanks in advance. =D>
With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***

Comments

• thankeshthankesh Member Posts: 170
    thankesh wrote:
    Hi,

I want to execute xml port import/export files everyday at a particular time and those files to be stored in a common repository folder automatically by using Job schedulers in NAV? Any job schedulers available in NAV 2009 SP1? Thanks in advance. =D>

Any suggestions on how to create job schedulers for the above?
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Please read the manual on JOBQUEUE in 2009.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    I just noticed this is a double post.... sort of...

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=42410

Should this be consolidated?

t
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Also note that the XMLport, when setup using Job Scheduler, can only import/export XML formatted files. :(

I posted a suggestion on MS Connect, but they mentioned this will not be fixed... :(:( :thumbsdown:
    Hi Luc,

I do not get any information in the link you gave. Can you please give little more brief instruction or link?
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
    Alex Chow wrote:
    :(

I posted a suggestion on MS Connect, but they mentioned this will not be fixed... :(:( :thumbsdown:

I want to import/export the XML files using XML ports and to be stored in a common repository folder by using job scheduler. Do you mean that this cannot be fixed or solved :|
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
  • TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    thankesh wrote:

I want to import/export the XML files using XML ports and to be stored in a common repository folder by using job scheduler. Do you mean that this cannot be fixed or solved :|

Thankesh...

Get your hand dirty my friend... code an xml port. Get the NAS setup to run the job scheduler.
    Hook up a test harness to throw a file at your new shiny XML Port, get the test harness on the job scheduler and turn the NAS on...

Find an error, fix it. If you come across an error that you can't fix post it here and people will help. But your asking for a lot in one big chunk without seeming to have had a stab at it yet.

Best way you will ever learn...

t