Applies-to Doc. No. On Credit Memo

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

I have a posted purchase credit memo that has been applied to an invoice. On the 'Invoicing' tab of the posted credit memo header, the 'Applies-to Doc Type' and 'Applies-to Doc No.' are filled in with reference to the matched invoice. My question is - is it possible for this matching to happen and for these fields to be filled in automatically with no manual intervention?

My understanding was that the 'Applies-to' fields on the purchase header are only populated when the user manually selects the invoice to match before posting the credit memo. The Application Method is set to 'Manual'.

I ask because my customer is claiming they didn't match the credit to the invoice themselves.

Thanks

Jonathan

Comments

• TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    Have you used the copy document function? I thought it did that automatically?

I just ran it on a NAV2009 SP1 classic NA DB. I copied an Posted Purchase Invoice which still had a Rem. Amt. on the Vendor Ledger Entry in question.

t
  • Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. Yes copy document does populate those fields, but I don't think they did that because it automatically puts in a narrative line to say which invoice number was copied. I suppose they could have deleted that line, either way I don't think the customer is telling me the whole story!

Jonathan
    Shocking, the customer not telling the whole story? That never happens.... ;)

t
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    TonyH wrote:

t
    shocking a developer slams a customer, who had no info about the customer or the what is happening, you just read one post in a forum and your first thought is negative about the customer, I'm glad you aren't my developer.

yes, copy document does fill in the information, but it doesn't add a separate description line in prior versions, it may in Nav 2009
    themave wrote:
    TonyH wrote:

t
    shocking a developer slams a customer

Excuse me? Um, where did I slam the customer?

I have experienced customers failing to give pertinent information for a number of reasons.. because they decide intentionally to not give the information, or because they simple do not know that something could have such a large ramification on the outcome of a support call or question.

But back to the point, where did I slam the customer? Or did I make the observation that its a regular occurrence that info is missing by way of sarcasm?

If YOUR perception is that that was a slam at customers, so be it. But that is YOUR personal perception and not founded on fact... you should perhaps be a little more careful with your beliefs in a public forum.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    If the invoice has been applied already, the copy document function will not fill in these fields.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    themave wrote:
    I'm glad you aren't my developer.
    that is so far out of line and uncalled for it's not even funny.

The OP said:
    either way I don't think the customer is telling me the whole story!
    and then Tony said:
    TonyH wrote:
    Note the smiley face, that signifies a joke.

Lighten up man, shees
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    DenSter wrote:
    themave wrote:
    I'm glad you aren't my developer.
    that is so far out of line and uncalled for it's not even funny.

The OP said:
    either way I don't think the customer is telling me the whole story!
    and then Tony said:
    TonyH wrote:
    Note the smiley face, that signifies a joke.

Lighten up man, shees
    Point taken on the lighten up :oops: , but as an end user it is an almost relentless stream of comments saying basically the user doesn't know anything. :D a smiley face makes everything better. so is everything all better now :lol: lighten up goes both ways. :D

Just as a side note, I have been here for around 11 years now, not regularly, but still pretty consistant. and I can say many posters have little regard for end users. Not all for sure, and most of the regular posters are great and help out tramendously, which is why I still come here after all these years. so excuse me is every once in a while I have a bad day and post too quickly.