Event interception

mikebevzmikebevz Member Posts: 4
Hi guys,

Is it possible to intercept events in NAV, fx, item changed or new sales order created?

I presume one way is to use triggers, but I'm thinking more about unobtrusive way, without making changes in existing code.

My idea is to implement some kind of proxy, which sends NAV events to 3rd party system

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Why?
    David Singleton
  • mikebevzmikebevz Member Posts: 4
    I want 3rd party system to be aware of events in NAV and perform some actions in this regards.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    mikebevz wrote:
    I want 3rd party system to be aware of events in NAV and perform some actions in this regards.

There are many ways to do this, so unless you can actually say what you want to do and why; its going to be very hard to help you.
    David Singleton
  • mikebevzmikebevz Member Posts: 4
    Yes, I will explain in details

Background:
    There is a webshop, that communicates with NAV through web-services. In order to sent Sales Order the website must know ids of the items and customers. Thus we need to synchronize NAV and webshop database (at least items and customers).

Implementation:
    1. Initial synchronization performed from NAV to webshop DB
    2. When a user signs up on the webshop, his details sent to NAV. When user details changed in NAV, changes must be synchronized with webshop.
    3. When there is a new item appears or changed these changes must be propagated to webshop.

If we have some kind of events fired by NAV, we would be able to implement solution, where we don't have to run periodic synchronizations of the two databases.