Integration of DOT NET with NAV 2009 SP1

thankeshthankesh Member Posts: 170
Hi,

Can anyone clear my doubt?

I have to give access of web pages from NAV to the end user(s) via DOT NET application which has to be hosted some where. There may be 'n' number of users who can access the web page. Does NAV takes each and every users login from DOT NET application as a separate user in NAV? If so do we need to buy a separate license for all the users? But, the point is we do not know the no. of users who are accessing DOT NET application simultaneously.

1. Is this can be done in online? i.e) By having a single DB for DOT NET application as well as NAV.

2. If this can be done in Offline, i.e) By having a separate DB for DOT NET application and a separate DB for NAV, does this can be done automatically by using schedulers? If so how?

Thanks in advance :lol:
With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    For access you need to take DCO/MOSS license available within NAV license. These users will be "named users" unlike normal full access users which are concurrent in nature.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • thankeshthankesh Member Posts: 170
    ssingla wrote:
    For access you need to take DCO/MOSS license available within NAV license. These users will be "named users" unlike normal full access users which are concurrent in nature.

Hi ssingla,

Thank you so much for your reply.

But my doubt is;

1. If "Named users" for this scenario, it means the client NAV license (CAL) we have to buy should have all the no. of user's license, who login to the third party appln (DOT NET appln here) :oops: ? But the web users are unlimited in this case.

2. Shall we buy a single CAL (Which includes MOSS for web access) for 'n' no. of users accessing DOT NET web appln for pushing & pulling the values to NAV? This is a bi-directional exchange of data between NAV and DOT NET appln. :roll:
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
  • thankeshthankesh Member Posts: 170
    ssingla wrote:
    If it is concurrent in nature, do we need to buy MOSS license for all the web users? The web users are unlimited and we cannot predict that, right?

May i know what are all the system requirements for the integration of DOT NET appln with NAV? Once the DOT NET web appln has been developed where I have to host it? Kindly say me the deployment methods on successful integration of NAV with DOT NET appln.

Thanks in advance=D>
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***