Options

Visual Calendar Component

Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
edited 2010-07-09 in NAV Three Tier
Greetings -

I haven't done anything with the new visual control support in the RTC, but have seen the demos with MapPoint, etc. I have a need to develop a page with a small calendar (similar size to a little calendar pop up). This component will be in the top left portion of the page, then the right hand side will have a list showing records for the date the user clicks on the calendar. So, I need the user to be able to click a day on the calendar, and have that fire an event on the NAV page to update the list accordingly (re-query it for the selected date).

Can anyone recommend a good control to use for this, and how I should set this up as far as triggering the updates when a date is clicked? I have read that the RTC has limited support for event triggers in integrated controls.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    I guess you are looking for the OnControlAddIn(Index : Integer;Data : Text[1024]) trigger. I can't remember right now how it works, but it works .The ControlAddIn is a property of a field in page. I only remember that controladdins are not allowed in repeaters :thumbsdown: .
    I guess your control will return the Date, and on the OnControlAddIn trigger you should put some code like SETRANGE(Rec."DateToFilter",YourControl.GetDate()) or somethnig like this.

ps: I realy don't remember how actually this is working, I think it was somethng similar.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    I had read a bit about the structure of that trigger and data feeding back from a control...but I am expecting I'd have to develop a custom control that feeds back suitable data for that trigger. I'd like to use an existing calendar control, but assuming it has an event for "SelectDate" (or something along those lines when a date is clicked), I don't know if there's any way I can have that event's result feed back into NAV.

If anyone knows more about this, I'd appreciate some details on it. I guess I could consider writing my own calendar control if I had to, but that seems silly when there are so many out there (why reinvent the wheel...).
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    You can use the MonthCalendar control. This link may be useful to get started
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/201 ... ample.aspx
    -Mihail- [MCTS]