Unknown error message!!!!

HanenHanen Member Posts: 281
Hello,

Anyone knows when I got this error message and how can I deal with that error???
Regards

Hanen TALBI

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Can you show the code/expression it's talking about..

Is it something like this?
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=12549
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31720
  • HanenHanen Member Posts: 281
    20 parameters.
    Regards

Hanen TALBI
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I guess the error message is not unknown anymore :lol:

You've hit a parameter limit.
    Did any of the posts help you out?
    The problem is that I'm using this function to call a method (automation c# dll that is consuming a WCF Service).
    Is there any way to pass this number of parameters without getting this error?

Thank you :(
    Regards

Hanen TALBI
  • JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    I have this problem once and I solve this by changing dll (less parameters) - if i good remember 16 is max

One more: For first (temporary solution) - i create new control in .Net (only few parameters i need) which call "too much parameter" dll . From Nav I use this new indirect control so it works... but i dont' have to use all parameters.
    ok but the problem is that if I divide the method inti two methods it will be too much transactions from nav to the wcf service with will cause a problem of performence :(
    Regards

Hanen TALBI
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    It could be one object with a method (or 2, or 3) to set parameters and a method to call the other object, the WCF service. So in C/AL you'd have a couple of calls to set the parameters, and then a call to the method that calls the service. You would not call the service directly but your custom one. Kind of like a wrapper. It would still be one transaction to the service, but multiple function calls in C/AL.