Options

Report ID and name on Report's footer

kvipskvips Member Posts: 12
edited 2010-06-30 in Navision Attain
Is it possible to show report's name and ID on report's footer section and how to achieve this?
I'd like to show report's name in small font on end of the document (report-section).

Answers

• Options
    fverkelfverkel Member Posts: 66
    This is how we do this, although we use the header.
    Add a control with SourceExpr:
    COPYSTR(CurrReport.OBJECTID(TRUE), 1+STRPOS(CurrReport.OBJECTID(TRUE), ' ')) + ' (' + COPYSTR(CurrReport.OBJECTID(FALSE), 1+STRPOS(CurrReport.OBJECTID(FALSE), ' ')) + ')'

Interesting feature: when you Run when you are editing the report, it doesn't show the correct data.
    Keep It Simple and Stupid (KISS), but never oversimplify.
  • Options
    Thenx, it's working like a charm.

What about it's translation?
    If i'm not mistaken, with option true/false, I only get report's ID and report's name in english.
    Is there any other simple way to get that translation or only from system table for objects?
  • Options
    fverkelfverkel Member Posts: 66
    Yes, simple translation is possible. Change the language of the report in the appropriate place.
    This code would change it to ENU.
    CurrReport.LANGUAGE(1033);

What is the appropriate place?
    OnInitReport is possible. If you want to change the language i.e. per customer, then you could change the language in the appropriate OnAfterGetRecord.

Good luck!
    Keep It Simple and Stupid (KISS), but never oversimplify.
  • Options
    We missunderstand eachother.
    With that code you gave me, I got report ID and name in english (original object name).
    In that report is possible to use translated name of the report.
    This is what I was asking about, not the whole translation of the report. Only the name of the report like ID. Id is same in all languages :).

information about translating the report was usefull for me too. So thanks for that too.
  • Options
    einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    If you change the reports language then CurrReport.OBJECTID(TRUE) will return the caption of the report in the current language. If you don't want to change the language of the whole report then you have to store the caption into a variable and switch back to the former language.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."