System Table 2000000063 key is empty?! Why

karstenrobertkarstenrobert Member Posts: 27
Hi,

I'm currently doing some intense data transformation tasks as part of conversion processes to NAV 2009 SP1. The transformation task include a lot of recref batches and to gain some speed I intend to find a way to get a fitting key for the recrefs. After some research I found the system table 2000000063 key which as far as I got to know should list every key from every table of the database. So I wanted to use this table to pick a good table key but found it empty. Somehow this table is empty in every conversion I did. The only way I found that fills this table is if I create a completely new database but changes to existing databases somehow don't seem to trigger the table to be filled.

Can someone give me a clue as when and how this table is filled?

Thanks,
Karsten
Karsten Frank
MCP - Dynamics NAV Developer

Answers

• ahed4ahed4 Member Posts: 21
    How did you check if it's empty or not?
    I use this table a lot when I'm doing some batches e.g. but I never had any problems using it, I always found it filled.

cheers
    D
    The freaks come out at night.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Filtering in the KEY table does not work. You can only issue get on the table.

I've reported it as a bug.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    Hi Karsten,

could it be that there is a physical table with the same name?
    If there is such a table, rename it.

I also made this mistake some time ago. :whistle:
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • karstenrobertkarstenrobert Member Posts: 27
    Hi Timo,

thanks a lot I found an old table with the name key and after I renamed it the keys are now correctly shown in table 2000000063.
    I will tell Heinz what the problem was as he also had no clue.

Thanks and bye,
    Karsten

@ahed4 : I just created a form to show the contents of the key table. When you create forms you can access system tables which are otherwise invisible.
    Karsten Frank
    MCP - Dynamics NAV Developer