NAV 5 SP1 Update 2 running with SQL2008 R2 64bit Problem

bernajacbernajac Member Posts: 20
Good day guys

I am trying to install NAV 5 SP1 update 2 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 with 64bit installation and have a problem after i have installed the Microsoft Application Server Manager. No errors occur during the installation of the NAS Manager but when i run the Application Manager and try to add an Application Server it errors - "MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly". Has anyone seen this happening?

Comments

• AdrianAkersAdrianAkers Member Posts: 137
    I have had problems running the NAS Snap In on Windows Server 2008 R2 with the exact errors you mention. There were proposed solutions suggested in a number of areas but none of them worked. Instead we ended up changing the values in the windows registry and then start the windows service from the normal services.mmc
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I agree with Adrian, I don't even bother with that. Regedit or do it from a command line or from the normal windows services menu.
    David Singleton
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.

I tried that as it was recommended in quite a few posts, but it didn't work at all. Even after a reboot still no joy...

Use regedit or the command line...

Like my old university lecturer used to say "Real men program using Notepad!"
    :)
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268

I tried that as it was recommended in quite a few posts, but it didn't work at all. Even after a reboot still no joy...

Use regedit or the command line...

This has also been hit or miss for me. While it has worked the majority of the time, I have seen a few times where it just doesn't work.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    But real programmers use regedit! :lol:
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Alex Chow wrote:
    real programmers use 1s and 0s.

But that limits us only to no atomic computers... =;
    kriki wrote:
    But real programmers use regedit! :lol:

Haha... Good one kriki... 8)

Actually been using regedit quite a bit today...