ideas for allowing user to set table filter in a form

KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
I need to allow users to set a filter on the item table for subsequent processing. The filter must be saved. Processing may not occur immediately.

There will be multiple records, each with their own set of filters on the item table.

I am thinking about how to do this. The best that I have come up with is a processing-only report on the item table, called when the user clicks on a command button on the form. The user could then select fields to filter. Running the report would do nothing. The calling form could then call a function from the report to retrieve the filter.

Can anyone think of a more elegant method than this?

TIA.

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Karenh wrote:
    I need to allow users to set a filter on the item table for subsequent processing. The filter must be saved. Processing may not occur immediately.

There will be multiple records, each with their own set of filters on the item table.

I am thinking about how to do this. The best that I have come up with is a processing-only report on the item table, called when the user clicks on a command button on the form. The user could then select fields to filter. Running the report would do nothing. The calling form could then call a function from the report to retrieve the filter.

Can anyone think of a more elegant method than this?

TIA.

Using the request form in a report to allow the users to enter filters is generally the cleanest solution.
    David Singleton