Inventory Valuation Report - showing Negative Value

aktharakthar Member Posts: 30
Dear All,

I was running the inventory valuation report and i find some of the items are having value in negative but the quantity is in positive. Can any one help me out, why this happened? Is there any any to resolve this issue? Shall i do inventory positive adjustment for that particular items?

Waiting for the replies

Thanks in advance

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    akthar wrote:
    Dear All,

I was running the inventory valuation report and i find some of the items are having value in negative but the quantity is in positive. Can any one help me out, why this happened? Is there any any to resolve this issue? Shall i do inventory positive adjustment for that particular items?

Waiting for the replies

Thanks in advance

Been discussed hundreds of times....

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=navision+inven ... tive+value
    David Singleton
  • aktharakthar Member Posts: 30
    Thank your very much.... But do you mean its not a problem.. Just its a system behaviour being compared with the adjust cost posting date and the allowed posting date. And for your information i had not seen any posted receipts but not invoiced and also sales of quantity is more than the purchase.

Shall i post adjustment journal and close this issue.. and yes... then diffenetly i am increasing/decreasing the inventory cost. Is this the right way? Or shall i use the a new suspense account which will be mapped in such a way to effect both Debit and Credit to the same suspence account.

Guys might be you had discussed or seen like this issue so many times.. But help this poor guy once again..
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    akthar wrote:
    Thank your very much.... But do you mean its not a problem.. Just its a system behaviour being compared with the adjust cost posting date and the allowed posting date. And for your information i had not seen any posted receipts but not invoiced and also sales of quantity is more than the purchase.

Shall i post adjustment journal and close this issue.. and yes... then diffenetly i am increasing/decreasing the inventory cost. Is this the right way? Or shall i use the a new suspense account which will be mapped in such a way to effect both Debit and Credit to the same suspence account.

Guys might be you had discussed or seen like this issue so many times.. But help this poor guy once again..

The reason there are so many posts is that there are many different reasons this can happen. Though fundamentally it relates to "incorrect" dates in the posting sequence somewhere. So to solve it requires extensive knowledge of your system and time to evaluate the specific issue. But if you look at some of those threads, one of them might be similar to yours and the solution might be there.
    David Singleton
  • aktharakthar Member Posts: 30
    My luck is not supporting me.. I dint find any resolutions... :cry:
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    akthar wrote:
    My luck is not supporting me.. I dint find any resolutions... :cry:

Have you contacted your Navision partner and asked them for help?