Filter in new Form

arnavchanderarnavchander Member Posts: 26
Hi All,

I have two field ToDate and FromDate in a new "Form" this form has list of all the Purchase line data. I want to Filter the Purchase line Expected date field through the From date and To Date.
It means when I enter the "From Date" and "To Date" ...It should Filter the data of expected date.?

:-)

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And what is your question? You are not able to do that? It is base knowledge for developer.... :whistle:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    kine wrote:
    And what is your question? You are not able to do that? It is base knowledge for developer.... :whistle:

Developer :shock: its the first thing taught to a new Navision user.

Just need to learn what F7 does.
    David Singleton
  • arnavchanderarnavchander Member Posts: 26
    you guys didn't get my question....anyways there is no point in asking here where there are people who think they are extra Intelligent.....
    I never ask for your comment it's better if you don't understand the question ...don't comment on it... :^o
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    you guys didn't get my question....anyways there is no point in asking here where there are people who think they are extra Intelligent.....
    I never ask for your comment it's better if you don't understand the question ...don't comment on it... :^o

We did qet your question.

a/ this is completely the wrong way to do this.
    b/ even if you did decide to do this, as a developer you should know how to. If not stop being so damn lazy at least try something and tell us what you did and why it didn't work.

[-X
    David Singleton
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I have two field ToDate and FromDate in a new "Form" this form has list of all the Purchase line data. I want to Filter the Purchase line Expected date field through the From date and To Date.
    It means when I enter the "From Date" and "To Date" ...It should Filter the data of expected date.?

We understand the question as it was written. Answer is, that if you want to do your job for which you are paid for, you must be able to solve this simple task yourself or your company must give you the knowledge. If not, there is something wrong what endanger all your customers and name of the product. It is not about thinking that we are extra intelligent, it is about helping you to be better. May be you do not understand it now...

If you wrote the question in a form "I have tried this and this, but it is not working..." than I will try my best to help you. If you wrote the question in a form "I need to do that, who will do it instead me for free?", I will not answer... I hope that you understand this. There is more and more people trying to use this forum as resource which solve their job when they to not wont to think and work them-selfs.

I am sure that you are able to wrote code as:
      SETFILTER(MyField,'%1..%2',MyValueMin,MyValueMax);

And you know how OnAfterValidate trigger work. That is all what you need to know. Or I am wrong?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.