Problem with filtering . Very Urgent ...!!!!!!!

southindiansouthindian Member Posts: 247
Dear all,
I have a peculiar problem in the below coding, am just tryin to check the record of "capacity ledger entry" table with Routing no., Item No., and Machine number in in routing header table
If Machine Number is not fpund the routing header then that record should be skipped. that is wat i have written but it is not skipping, instead that system picks up that record and display in the report. even i had tried with setrqange also... but no use ... the record is coming. kindly guide suggest. I had written the code under Capacity Ledger entry (Onaftergetrecord). Wat is the Mistake in My Coding

RecRoutingHeader.RESET;
RecRoutingHeader.SETCURRENTKEY("No.");
RecRoutingHeader.SETFILTER(RecRoutingHeader."No.",'%1',"Capacity Ledger Entry"."Routing No.");
RecRoutingHeader.SETFILTER(RecRoutingHeader."Item Code",'%1',"Capacity Ledger Entry"."Item No.");
RecRoutingHeader.SETFILTER(RecRoutingHeader."Machine Code",'%1',"Capacity Ledger Entry"."No.");
IF NOT RecRoutingHeader.FINDFIRST THEN BEGIN
CurrReport.SKIP;
END

Comments

• lyotlyot Member Posts: 202
    First of all, this looks a lot tidier...
    RecRoutingHeader.RESET;
    RecRoutingHeader.SETCURRENTKEY("No.");
    RecRoutingHeader.SETRANGE("No.","Routing No.");
    RecRoutingHeader.SETRANGE("Item Code","Item No.");
    RecRoutingHeader.SETRANGE("Machine Code","No.");
    IF RecRoutingHeader.ISEMPTY THEN
      CurrReport.SKIP;

Second, are you very sure there's no record at all that corresponds that filter?
    Otherwise debugging is the answer....
  • southindiansouthindian Member Posts: 247
    1. STILL PROBLEM IS NOT YET GET RESOLVED.

2. YA THERE ARE ENTRIES FOR WHICH THE MACHINE NO VARIOUS AND THAT RECORD NEEDS TO BE SKIPPED.
    IS THERE IOS ANY OTHER WAY FOR RESOLVING THIS
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    edited 2010-06-24
    Problem with filtering . Very Urgent ...!!!!!!!
    IS THERE IOS ANY OTHER WAY FOR RESOLVING THIS

YES. IF IT'S URGENT !!!!!!!!!!! THEN CONTACT MICROSOFT IMMEDIATELY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND LODGE A SUPPORT CALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY WILL HELP YOU AND CHARGE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    David Singleton
    thank for your kind reply David Sir...... People over here use to say that your a expert in navision, but i never expected such comments from you...... any way thank you sir..... Have a nice day.......
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Tamil,

people on this form are here because we want to help. We do not get paid for this. We do it because we enjoy doing it.

BUT WHEN PEOPLE SCREAM!!!!!!!

And when they tell us how urgent the issue is, and keep bumping the topic, it is very frustrating. Many of the people in this community that have over the years been providing great help have stopped or minimized their involvement for reasons like this.

People are coming onto forums demanding (yes it seems like demanding) and that is not right.

If you want help, then ask for help but do so humbly, don't expect that it is your right to get support. You paid nothing its all free. The community is falling apart and that is just wrong and very disappointing.

People will answer when they have time and will help as much as possible, but sometimes we all have to realize that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

If you want to be a part of this community, then some hints for you.

1/ NEVER USE CAPS. IT MEANS SCREAMING AND DEMANDING AND IS VERY RUDE.
    2/ Never tell us that we need to help you URGENTLY!!!!!!!!! For Urgent support contact Microsoft.
    3/ Don't bump posts in a very short time. Maybe people are working none of us get paid, so there is no one sitting 24/7 waiting to reply to posts. But your expectation of a reply in 13 minutes is stupid and arrogant. Even paid support at Microsoft would not get you a reply that fast. 2 days might be OK, but not 13 minutes.
    David Singleton
  • lyotlyot Member Posts: 202
    Amen! =D>
    I got your point...

one thing i doesn't know that if the comments are written in CAPS means very ARROGANT and RUDE.
    I had bump posts in a very short time , which i should dint.

ok... thanks for your kind advice sir.....

Have a nice day