receive emails with NAV

alex2605alex2605 Member Posts: 16
Dear all,

we are using the PO approvement in NAV 5.01. Everything works well as lon the approver is availible. Is he /she not in the office then nobody is informed about open approvements.
I already implemented a function in NAV whre the user can set up that he's not availible and all mails will be sent to the substitute but I want to do it more comfortable.
My idea is to use the auto response function in Outlook. So if NAV receives a auto response it should set up the approvement function to send everything to the substitute. :-k
The problem is - how can NAV receive emails? We are using MS Exchange. If I set up a mailbox for NAV is it possible that Nav can handle mails in the inbox?
Or is there another way handle this problem? I was wondering that I cant't find anything about this in the forum because in my opinion it'S a needed functionality if you use the PO approvment.

Thanks

Alex

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) There was functionality in NAV which allows Application server to sync with folders from exchange (used in CRM module). Look for codeunit E-Mail Dispatcher in NAV 4.xx.
    2) You can create automation for accessing the mailbox through POP3. It is not so hard using .NET and reading the mails. Than you can use NAS to access the mails and process them.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    alex2605 wrote:
    Or is there another way handle this problem? I was wondering that I cant't find anything about this in the forum because in my opinion it'S a needed functionality if you use the PO approvment.
    Try this link: http://lmsmfy.com?q=mail+inbox
    Some threads contain example automation code.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • alex2605alex2605 Member Posts: 16
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    I used the search function, but took the wrong search words... :oops: