Changing the primary key a/c to Transfer from loc. in TO

ZephyrZephyr Member Posts: 110
Can I change primary key a/c to transfer "From loc." ?
What I mean is my client wants that first he choose "From loc" then a/c to "From loc" "Transfer Order Nu"will create.
Take a ex :

From location :: India
Now TO No. must be INA-001

From location :: US
Now TO No. must be US-001

:-k
Zephyr

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Don't change the primary key!

2 ways you can use:
    -standard NAV (no coding necessary, but you need to train the users): create 2 numberseries for it that are connected. The user can then select a numberseries before create a TO.

-NON-standard way: Create 2 numberseries for it that are conncted. Create a new field, based on a global that is the from-location code in which the user puts the location he wants. In the OnAfterValidate, you take the numberseries you need and fill in the from-location code of the table.

I advice you to use the standard NAV way!
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    kriki wrote:

Let me correct that for you Alain.

David Singleton
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    kriki wrote:

Let me correct that for you Alain.

You're right! :thumbsup:
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• ZephyrZephyr Member Posts: 110
    kriki wrote:

2 ways you can use:
    -standard NAV (no coding necessary, but you need to train the users): create 2 numberseries for it that are connected. The user can then select a numberseries before create a TO.

-NON-standard way: Create 2 numberseries for it that are conncted. Create a new field, based on a global that is the from-location code in which the user puts the location he wants. In the OnAfterValidate, you take the numberseries you need and fill in the from-location code of the table.

I tried to do second step, and it's working ..but if we talkng about std way then I have 198 location then should i make 198 "no series line." for different loc.
    Zephyr
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Zephyr wrote:

I tried to do second step, and it's working ..but if we talkng about std way then I have 198 location then should i make 198 "no series line." for different loc.

Zephyr are you the partner or the Navision user.
    David Singleton
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Zephyr wrote:
    kriki wrote:

2 ways you can use:

If you want different number sequence for each location then yes.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in