Options

Payment discount

mjrogersmjrogers Member Posts: 59
Hi,

My client has the following scenario:

A customer has been invoiced for $200 with a payment discount of 2%. Lets assume the following transactions are all within the payment discount period.

The customer makes a payment of $98 ($100 - 2%) because they are expecting a credit memo, which hasn't yet been authorized.

Option 1: Apply the payment to the invoice. Navision doesn't take into account the payment discount because the full amount hasn't been paid (I'm okay with this). The following credit memo of $100 will leave $2 open.

Option 2: If the payment isn't applied but posted against account, then the credit memo is posted, the apply entries function in Customer Ledger entry also does not take payment discounts into account. (It doesn't actually create any new entries so it can't). Neither does Apply Entries at the Credit Memo stage either.

The only solution I can think of right now is that when the user applies the credit memo, they also create a line in the sales journal against the discount GL account. This is very time consuming for my client and prone to errors.

Has anyone managed to get Navision to apply the early payment discount on a payment against account and in combination with a credit memo?
TecSA Malaysia

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do. -
David Brent

Comments

• Options
    After speaking with a few colleagues this looks to be a problem Navision has had for sometime. There is no other way to solve it than make a manual journal entry.

I guess I'll have to go automate it myself :p
    TecSA Malaysia

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do. -
    David Brent
  • Options
    Just an update... if anyone searchs with a similar problem and finds this thread...

I've found a quite simple but effective solution for including payment discount on a partial payment. Is does require a change to codeunit 12 but it's harmless ;) If anyone needs to know what I did then send me an email.
    TecSA Malaysia

David Brent
  • Options
    SiggySiggy Member Posts: 5
    What about the Payment Tolerance function, will that work for you? You can post the difference into a G/L account.
    regards,
    Siggy
  • Options
    nah.. payment tolerance doesn't help at all. The scenario is different. Thanks for the consideration though!
    TecSA Malaysia

David Brent