order stauts is Pending Prepayment evenafter posting payment

snehasneha Member Posts: 191
I posted a prepayment invoice for a sales order. The order status automatically changed to “Pending Prepayment” , which is fine. Now, I have posted a payment (full) against the prepayment invoice. But, the status on the order is still showing as “Pending Prepayment”. I am expecting the status should be changed back to Released/Open from the base product. Any suggestions before I think of adding a mod for this?

Comments

• snehasneha Member Posts: 191
    Any suggestions please? I doubt am I missing something from the base functionality in prepayment process.
  • olgamolgam Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am having the same problem. I realize this is an old topic but any replies ?. I realize that I can set the status to released manually however should this not happen automatically ?
  • ivankoleticivankoletic Member Posts: 27
    This is working as designed. There is no link between prepayment invoice payment application and status of sales order.
    The thing is that after posting prepayment invoice sales order is neither Release nor Open.

Setting status to released may trick the user in thinking that order is shipped already or warehouse docs are prepared and none of that happend when you posted prepayment invoice.
    This can also skew your availability calculations.

Open - after posting prepayment invoice, order is no longer completely open as well - there are limitiations on what you can do with lines which contain prepaymetn amount invoiced.

If you want NAV to check whether payment for prepayment invoice has been received place a checkmark on Check Prepayment When posting in Sales & Receivables Setup
    Regards,
    Ivan Koletic