Slow Date Compression of Item Ledger Entries

Frank_HulsboschFrank_Hulsbosch Member Posts: 17
edited 2007-10-18 in Navision Financials
Does anybody know how to speed up the Date Compression of Item Ledger Entries (Navision 2.50 report 798) ?

I'm currently testing the compression of Item Ledger Entries to free up some space in our database and for performance improvements.

The date period the system is compressing is limited for one year only and I only selected one Item No. for testing.

It seems that the Cost is Adjusted = CONST(YES) is not being taken over in the OnAfterGetRecord with the CopyFilters from Item Ledger Entry.
Also the date filtering is not effectively used within the key being used to search through the item ledger entries (SETCURRENTKEY("Cost is Adjusted","Item No.","Adjust Invoice Cost"))

As our Item Ledger Entry tabel contains nearly 4000000 records I will probably need a month to compress one or two old years.
FH

Comments

• grergrer Member Posts: 1
    Hy everybody,

I know, this topic is very old, but I've the same problem with the speed of compress the Item Ledger Entries.

Does anyone has an idea / solution?

regards
  • M._EleveldM._Eleveld Member Posts: 5
    Not sure, but i believe you can speed up the process by de-activating as many keys in the table as possible.