Purchase Line Quantity Received

gunavsgunavs Member Posts: 32
When we receive partial quantity for a Purchase order, say we placed an order for 10 items for item A and we received only 8. After creating the PRA, the quantity received becomes 10 instead of 8 in the Purchase Line even though the PRA says only 8 were received. This does not happen often. But we cannot receive the 2 anymore. When this happens we just go back to the Purchase order and increase the original quantity to 12 so we can receive the remaining two when it comes in. But it creates some confusion for our purchasers on how many they have to order.

I checked the Units of measure to see if that was messing the quantity received (also the qutstanding quantuty (base)) but they were fine. Any ideas on why this might happen?

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Whats a PRA? Posted Receipt Ack?

So the Quantity = 10

Your Receive = 8
    "Qty. To Receive" you change to 8 and you receive it.
    "Qty. Received" should now say 8.

If you're changing the Original Qty to 12 to receive the final 2 pieces. Why not just change the original Qty to 8 when you get only 8. If you get more later you can always add a new line for the same item with the new merch.
  • gunavsgunavs Member Posts: 32
    Yes it is the posted receipt. We do change the qty. to receive when receiving them. will it not close the Purchase order when we change the quantity to 8 thinking everything was received and delete it? I will suggest it to our receivers and see what happens. Thank You
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    In addition to Savatage, you can always change the Quantity to the number that is more than the Quantity Received at any time.
    Should you have to receive any more quantity, you can change the Quantity from 8 to 10 again. That's simply.

The Purchase Line will be closed (deleted) if you have fully received and fully invoiced the line, and IF you invoice the line directly from the Purchase Order, instead of from the Purchase Invoice and Get the Receipt Lines.
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Thanks Andwian. I will have the receivers change the Original order quantity when they receive. They will have to go back and immediately increase it back as it confuses the purchasers and they create new Purchase orders. But is this is known bug in Navision 3.7 or is it just us?
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    gunavs wrote:
    Thanks Andwian. I will have the receivers change the Original order quantity when they receive. They will have to go back and immediately increase it back as it confuses the purchasers and they create new Purchase orders. But is this is known bug in Navision 3.7 or is it just us?
    it is you, the system is doing what it is supposed to

you change the qty to receive to 8 and receive the 8, it leaves the two open on the purchase order as it should, if at a later time you decided you arn't going to get the last two, and you adjust the qty to 8, you can close the PO, by running the delete invoiced purchases orders report 466
    Thats was a big Typo. The purchase Line says we received 10 instead of 8. This does not happen often but for partially received items, the PRA shows the right number but the quantity received becomes The original order quantity. So our custom Purchasing forecating system thinks there are no Purchase Orders for the items and our Purchasers end up placing new Purchase orders for those items
    Ah, I am sorry. I have just understood what was your concern.

As my understanding:
    1. The Purchase Line is Quantity = 10.
    2. Post the Partial Receipt, let's say 8.
    3. The Posted Purchase Receipt will have the Qty. Received 8, which is supposed to be right.
    4. But, the Qty. Received on the Purchase Line saying 10, instead of 8, which is it should be 8.

Please confirm that my understanding was right.

If that so, I guess that it is a bug. Hence, I can not help you further since I never face with this bug, and never in touch with NAV 3.7.
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Yes that is the situation we are facing. But it does not always happen. Only happens say 1 in 100 items we partially receive. We have been keeping track of the items which had this problem and so far i have found nothing common in them. I can never reproduce the error which makes it even more difficult. I had the same Purchase Order in the test system and when i received the item which had the issue it received fine |. Thank You
    If this is about bug, you should report it to Microsoft.
    But unfortunately, I am sure that Navision 3.7 would not be longer supported.
    Anyway, you should also prepare the repro steps.
    And in this case, if you are not sure about the exact repro steps, it will be very difficult to solve the problem.
    Last, good luck for you then! [-o<
    Regards,
    Andwian