Invoice Rounding

shibilyshibily Member Posts: 89
Hi,

I have a requirement to round the Sales invoice amount . Against the customer, only the rounded Invoice amount should reflect and the difference amount needs to update against a G/L account named "RoundingOff".

What i have done is , i created a G/L Account " Rounding Off".
Then i selected the Invoice Rounding to True in Sales and Recievable Setup. Also i tried linking the invoice rounding account in customer posting group. But i was getting a validation message that " You must specify Gen. Prod . Posting group in the Rounding Off G/L Account Account."

Is it require to provide the Gen. Prod . Posting group in the G/ L account as the validation message shows?? If so then i need to create as many Rounding OFF G/L accounts as the no: of Gen. Prod. Posting groups.
Or did i miss any setup?
Can anybody please help me on this.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Shibily

Answers

• AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    No, you do not need to create multiple Rounding Account to acomodate the various Gen. Prod. Posting Group.
    But, you still need to define the Gen. Prod. Posting Group, since this is mandatory. Choose any one.
    This combination between the Gen. Bus Posting Group and the Gen. Prod Posting Group actually does not matter.

You can try this one to prove it: :idea:
    1. Add a new Gen. Prod. Posting Group, e.g. GENERAL.
    2. Assign the Rounding Account, a GENERAL Gen. Prod. Posting Group.
    3. Create a General Posting Group that combine the Gen. Bus. Posting Group and Gen. Prod. Posting Group GENERAL. Leave the entire account (row) blank.
    4. Try to post an invoice that there is an Invoice Rounding Amount.
    5. Here, you can learn that you do not need to setup any account to successfully post the rounding, since it will arise an error message if you need to setup one.
    6. In other words, you are free to choose which Gen. Prod. Posting Group assigned to the Invoice Rounding Account 8)
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • shibilyshibily Member Posts: 89
    Andwian wrote:
    No, you do not need to create multiple Rounding Account to acomodate the various Gen. Prod. Posting Group.
    But, you still need to define the Gen. Prod. Posting Group, since this is mandatory. Choose any one.
    This combination between the Gen. Bus Posting Group and the Gen. Prod Posting Group actually does not matter.

You can try this one to prove it: :idea:
    1. Add a new Gen. Prod. Posting Group, e.g. GENERAL.
    2. Assign the Rounding Account, a GENERAL Gen. Prod. Posting Group.
    3. Create a General Posting Group that combine the Gen. Bus. Posting Group and Gen. Prod. Posting Group GENERAL. Leave the entire account (row) blank.
    4. Try to post an invoice that there is an Invoice Rounding Amount.
    5. Here, you can learn that you do not need to setup any account to successfully post the rounding, since it will arise an error message if you need to setup one.
    6. In other words, you are free to choose which Gen. Prod. Posting Group assigned to the Invoice Rounding Account 8)

Andwian,

Thanks a lot mate, it worked .