Error : You do not have permission to read XXX table

johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
Dear all,

I found strange things in Navision 4.0 SP3 with DB SQL Server 2005.

If I opened NAV with database that is located in the same computer, then I lookup Location in my report, the result is no error found.

If I opened NAV with database that is located in other computer, then I lookup Location in my report, the result is error "You do not have permission to read Location table."

This is happen when I login with user who just has permission in some Location:
TableData - 14 - Location :
Read Permission = Yes
Insert Permission = Yes
Modify Permission = Yes
Delete Permission = Yes
Execute Permission = <blank>
Security Filter = Location: Code = A..B

I have add permission to read Location table in report and the error is still happen.

Somebody know why does this happen? How to solve this problem?
Thank you.
Best regards,

Johanna

Answers

• thankeshthankesh Member Posts: 170
    If I opened NAV with database that is located in the same computer, then I lookup Location in my report, the result is no error found.

If I opened NAV with database that is located in other computer, then I lookup Location in my report, the result is error "You do not have permission to read Location table."

Kindly check the login permissions for the user in which you have logged in to the other computer and the license information.
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Have you try to delete the ZUP file?
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    @thankesh :
    thank you for your reply ^^
    For your information, I used database server authentication.
    The login permission used in both of these computer are same.
    In computer A, I login with user X. In computer B, I login with user X too.
    The license used in both of these computer are same too.

@Andwian :
    Thank you for your reply ^^
    I have tried to delete zup file in computer B and the result is still error.
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I am not understanding the description. Does it mean that you have server A, and if you connect to it from server A it work, but if you connect from computer B, it doesn't? Or you are connecting from A to A and from B to C?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hi Kine,

This is the more detail explanation.

Computer A : NAV + SQL Server
    In this computer I located my database and lookup Location in my report is successful.

Computer B : NAV + SQL Server
    In this computer I opened NAV then used database in computer A and lookup Location in my report is failed (Error).

Steps to duplicate :
    In Computer A :
    1. I have a database and NAV
    2. Create User X that has permission to Location BLUE and GREEN only in that database
    3. Make a report XXX in that database, with dataitem Warehouse Activity Header
    4. Create report XXX in Navigation Pane of that database
    5. Close NAV
    6. Open Nav and login use User X
    7. Run report XXX from navigation pane
    8. Lookup Location Code in Request Form of Report XXX. The result is no error.

In computer B :
    1. Open NAV and use database from computer A.
    2. Login use User X
    3. Run report XXX from navigation pane
    4. Lookup Location Code in Request Form of Report XXX. The result is error "You do not have permission to read Location table".

Please advice how could this happen? How's the solution? Thank you..
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Could you confirm the type of the authentication, whether DB Authentication or Windows Authentication?
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Andwian wrote:
    Could you confirm the type of the authentication, whether DB Authentication or Windows Authentication?

Hi Andwian,

I used Database Server Authentication..
    Best regards,

Johanna
    Hi all,

I have tried to report this case to Microsoft, but they said that unfortunately they did not support NAV 4.0 Sp3 anymore..
    When they tried this case in NAV 5.0 Sp1, this error did not happen (I have tried too and this error did not happen in NAV 5.0 Sp1). The solution that they given to me is upgrade to NAV 5.0 Sp1. But, I can not do this upgrade because it requires many of time, effort, money, etc.. :(

Is there any other solution ?
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • ProcatProcat Member Posts: 31
    Have you checked the build of Navision on both computers? It's a long shot, but I think the SP3 had a hotfix regarding security filters.
    Hi Procat,

Thank you for your suggestion.. :)
    I have checked the build of Navision on both computers :
    - Computer A : 24080
    - Computer B : 23305

Then, I updated the Navision in Computer B with KB931841 to have the build version 24080. After that, there is no error anymore when I opened NAV then used database in computer A and lookup Location in my report.
    Thank you very much.. ^^
    This case is closed..
    Best regards,

Johanna