Company Rename problem

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
I m using NAV 2009 SP1 IN Version in SQL,When I m going to rename company from Navision it is showing me following error:

..Sql error occurred when accessing the Item Ledger Entry table:

15336,"42000",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Object "NavDev"."dbo"."$ABC" cannot be renamed because the object participates in enforced dependencies.

NavDev is the database name
ABC is a company name.

Maintain Defaults and Maintain Tablerelationship are false on Tab Integeration.
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• chrisdfchrisdf Member Posts: 82
    Hi,

I had a similar problem but with the Warehouse entry table. This occurred after an upgrade between V5 and V6. Simply trying to rename the table object brings up the SQL eror described.

The error message went something like this when I tried to delete the Company - bit more information than just trying to rename it.

3729,"42000",[Microsoft]ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot DROP
    TABLE '<tablename>$Warehouse Entry 'because it is being
    referenced by object '<tablename>$Warehouse Entry$VSIFT$8'.

SQL:
    DROP TABLE "UK_100"."dbo"."Ireland - 200$Warehouse Entry"

In version 6 NAV stores SIFT information as Views. You can find these in the "Views" section of the SQL Management Studio tools. I saved the object, then deleted all of the keys (IN NAV)and then looked at the Views for that table in the Management Studio. There were a couple of "orphaned" views called $VSIFT$8 and $VSIFT$9 which I deleted (using the Management Studio interface) and it sorted the problem. I then re-imported the saved fob to restore the object. (This particular installation was multi-company so if a multi-company DB, you have to check all the companies).

Hope this helps.