Options

CommerceGateway40.dll

YarmoshyYarmoshy Member Posts: 8
edited 2010-06-22 in Navision e-Commerce
Greetings and Happy Monday all!

My company is currently in the testing phase of a Navision upgrade from 4.0 to Dynamics 2009. Everything is running smoothly for the most part with the exception of our Inbound BizTalk orders. By this I mean those orders whose XML is received via a BTSHTTPReceive.dll location. All Outbound (Navision to BizTalk and on to vendors) orders work just fine.

When I look at the Event Log, the error I see for the failed Inbound orders is as follows:
A message sent to adapter "BiztalkMessagingEngine" on send port "CommerceGateway.To.Navision" with URI (our URI) is suspended.
Error details: The Messaging Engine failed to create the transport adapter "CommerceGateway".
OutboundAssemblyPath: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Commerce Gateway Request Server\CommerceGateway40.dll"
OutboundTypeName: "Microsoft.Navision.CommerceGateway.CGAdapter.CGAdapterClass"
Exception Details: "Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Commerce Gateway Request Server\CommerceGateway40.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

The problem is that the BizTalk adapter for CommerceGateway is trying to find the old CommerceGateway40.dll from the 4.0 CGRS install. We have already installed 2009 Dynamics's CGRS, which automatically uninstalls 4.0's. What doesn't make sense to me is the fact that Outbound orders work just fine, but the Inbound orders are still trying to find the 4.0's CGRS install path to create the CommerceGateway transport adapter.

Does anyone know how to modify the OutboundAssemblyPath for the CommerceGateway transport adapter, or know what steps to take for it to look at the correct install directory for CGRS? (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Commerce Gateway Request Server\CommerceGateway40.dll)

Thanks for your time!

-Yarm

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    The code that refers to CG logic should be modified to use the NAV 2009 version, that's all part of a proper object upgrade.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help Daniel, but this error is on the BizTalk end, not the Navision side. (BizTalk cannot open communication with Navision as it is looking for old adapter dll to create the CommerceGateway adapter. All Navision objects have been upgraded already.) Think I will post this on a BizTalk forum, only posted here because it related to the CGRS.
  • Options
    Well the same applies to the NAV2009 version of the Biztalk components of course. You'll have to set up your Biztalk components to use the NAV2009 version of dll's. I doubt that you'll find much help on any of the Biztalk forums for Commerce Gateway issues, worth a try I guess but don't expect too much.

It's been years and years since I've worked with CG, so I'm not up to speed on what components are all involved these days. The installation manual should help you find the proper ones.
  • Options
    edited 2010-06-22
    Figured it out. I had to open BizTalk Administrator Console, delete the CommerceGateway adapter from there (must delete any ports that use the adapter first) then reinstall Dynamics NAV's CGRS. This in turn installs the correct version of the CommerceGateway adapter that can then be used to recreate the ports you had to delete.

Edit: Don't forget to restart your server after the reinstall, else you will get dreaded "unknown" errors.
  • Options
    Hey good work, and thanks for following up :thumbsup: