FinSql event ID 1000 error. Which part of 4.0SP3 solve it?

tankh008tankh008 Member Posts: 26
Hi All,

My client is facing finsq levent ID1000 error. User session abort abruptly many times while using... I have search the forum and realized that the issue can be solved by upgrade to 4.0SP3. (Client is using 4.0SP1, SQL2000 on Window 2003) But my client database is extremely heavy customize. Can any expert point out tomewhich part of SP3 solved the problem? So that I need only to apply that part. Thanks.

Best Regards,

tankh

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    You need to do a technical upgrade. So only the finsql.exe (and also nassql.exe) has to be changed (on all workstations!) and NOT the objects. So it does not matter how much the database is customized.

But it is best to do a test upgrade on another database to check if all reports are working correctly. I have had that issue with some reports with a certain hotfix.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• tankh008tankh008 Member Posts: 26
    I see. Thanks for the reply kriki!
    Btw, does anyone know what's the cause of this problem?
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    Can't tell what causes that error.

If you are coming from 4.01: Check that all tables have a clustered keys, use the latest build of 4.03. Some versions in between had disastrous bugs.

Be aware: The latest 4.03 build are also using dynamic cursors like the 5.01 and 6 versions. So your NAV installation will behave quite differently. Why not go directly to 6.01?
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
    Cluster key look like a logical cause of problem. I find a few tables without cluster key in SQL. Customer do not want to go to 6.01 and that's that.