NAS - running single instance CU function inside report

igor.chladiligor.chladil Member Posts: 28
Hello,

has anyone encountered the following error before?

Configuration: running nassql for NAV 5 SP1

The following scenario in the code crashes for some reason the application server:

1) There is a single instance CU with function GetUserID in it. The function simply returns some text.
2) There is a report called as part of the message processing in application server. This report contains the call to (1).

When the report is run it runs through fine until it should print something, but it crashes the application server after the OnPostReport event was fired. It never returns back to the function that has called that report. It never physically print anything. It passes through the single instance CU call fine, however that call causes somehow to crash the NAS/report afterwards.

I have debugged this situation for almost half a day today narrowing the cause of the issue to the call to the single instance CU in this case. According to me this is a bug in the application server, however does anyone know how to make it work in this scenario?

It works if I overwrite the code so that the report doesn't contain that call to the single instance CU function. But such an approach seems to me coward.

Thanks ahead for your suggestions,
Igor

Comments