Options

Upgrade NAV 4.0 SP3 to NAV 2009 SP1

andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
edited 2010-08-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

I am doing an upgrade from version 4.0 SP3 to NAV 2009 SP1 and read all documentations but it is not clear.

I refer to :
- Upgrading from Microsoft Dynamcs NAV 4.0 to Microsoft Dynamics 2009 Quick Guide - December 2009
- Upgrade Toolkit in CD of version 2009 SP1
- Developer’s Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics

My main questions:

- step of remove ID (Chap 3.1 of Upgrade Toolkit) is mandatory of optional. Where I can find the files remid.bat and remid2.exe

- about configuration of NDT I have installed it, version NDT_v3.01.410 and made these steps:
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... &stext=How to Use Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer's Toolkit with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1.

I created a new empty database from my client NAV 2009 SP1 in a database standalone on drive C and imported in it the objects Devtools.fob.
Then I created a new company called NAV40SP3STANDARD.
What are next steps?

:-k

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    Other questions:

In the case of actual installation of Navision 4.0 sp3 on a classic/native database (not SQL) and that we mantain this database (not SQL and not RTC) is it necessary some installation/setup on the server or the classic database server is always the same?
    Is it enough to work on objects and data inside the database?

Thank you.
  • Options
    gianusgianus Member Posts: 22
    I also am approaching the upgrade from 4.00SP3 to 2009 SP1
    We, and all our customers, are working with 2009SP1 Classic Client (6.00.29626) with 4.00SP3 DB version.

When I create a sql db from the 2009sp1 client, import the devtoolkit.fob, open the db from the toolkit 3.01.410, I always obtain: (where xxxxx is the name of the just-created db and yyyyy is the name of the sql server)

The xxxxx database on the yyyyy server cannot be opened by this version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic. The database has already been converted by a newer program version. You must upgrade Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic to the latest version to open the database.

Note: when I get this message I'm NOT in a classic client, I'm inside the toolkit.

:?: :?: :?:
    Gianni Capra
    www.exe.it