Error while creating new Database.

MrinmayMrinmay Member Posts: 74
Hi Exparts,
Actually i am trying to create a new database in SQL server. But i am getting following error :

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic
The following SQL Server error or errors occurred:

15023,"42000",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]User, group, or role 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' already exists in the current database.

SQL:
CREATE USER [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE] FOR LOGIN [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE]

OK

Can any one help me out how to resolve the problem?

Regrads,
Mrinmay

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to give us more details, like NAV version, how you are creating the DB... and this forum is form NAV Three Tier, but creating DB is not part of RTC, thus you are doing it from SQL tools or from Classic client...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • bluesoulcurrybluesoulcurry Member Posts: 25
    I had the same problem. The issue was the SQL Server Service was running on the NETWORK SERVICE account. I changed it to Local System. Then opened SQL Server Management Studio. I removed "NT/NETWORK SERVICE" account under Security > Logins and also on System Databases > Security > Users. Reopened the finsql and created New Database. Works perfectly alright. :)

This might help others, who face similar issue.
  • prizma1982prizma1982 Member Posts: 9
    if you've created a database and then fails, try to create a new database with a different name from the first database created,

because based on my experience, even if the database does not work made, it must use the new database name when create new

Please advice if there are deficiencies that need to be added

regard's
    Prisma
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    The error is not about the duplicate name of db in that case a clear error comes "Database name already exist on abc server".