Contact interaction / MS-Word automation failing (CRM)

Johannes_NielsenJohannes_Nielsen Member Posts: 206
Hi all

Running NAV 5.0 on 2009 clients with Office XP (2002) and 2003 on SQL 2008.

I've configured "CRM" templates, groups and greetings etc., along with the storage settings (files on disk).

But when I try to Attach a Word document to an Interaction-template, by creating a new doc. The process fails after I've saved to document with the message that I aborted the process.

I can create a document file separately and choose to locate it and attach it to the Interaction-template.

When doing so, and activating an Interaction from the Contacts form, the Document opens, I can edit, Save, and have no errors occurring, but the changes to the template document does not get save. Only the blank template of the document is stored.

When a Word template document is edited via an Interaction and closed, NAV will display a message, asking the user whether he wants to Import the document and attach it to the interaction.
This dialog box fails to display, causing the document, not to be saved.

I've tried different computers and repairing the NAV and Office installations.
I've done some searching, but hav'nt found a case where this dialog fails to display :(

I've also tried activating the debugger, and it seems like the 5024 CodeUnit fails to recognize the Word document as a .doc file and looks for a .htm file, and therefore fails to complete the Import of the document. (But I could be mistaken).

Does anyone have suggestions to what I can try to do to fix this, or why NAV is acting like this?
Perhaps it is an Automation control which is failing?
Best regards / Venlig hilsen
Johannes Sebastian
MB7-840,MB7-841

Answers

• mabl4367mabl4367 Member Posts: 143
    Could it be that Navision expects a .docx-file but gets a .doc-file sinse you are using an older version of Microsoft word.

Try installing the docx-conversion plugin for microsoft word that is supplied free of charge from Microsoft. Then save the document in the new format.

I have had the reversed problem. I have an old version of Navision (3.70) and it could not handle docx-files until i modified some codeunit that assumed that the file extension was .doc.
  • Johannes_NielsenJohannes_Nielsen Member Posts: 206
    :!: Update:

I've tried installing Office Pro 2003.

Then the Import dialog occurs as it should.

So this is somehow related to Office more than NAV.
    I will continue to see if I can get Office 2002 to work because management hav'nt approve my application for pruchasing Office 2010 ](*,)

Any suggstions will be appreciated though! :)

mabl4367

We already have the 2007 Conversion kit installed along with Office XP (2002).

Regarding Doc/Docx - Office 2003 does'nt use the Docx naming - So I don't think that's the problem.
    Johannes Sebastian
    MB7-840,MB7-841
  • Johannes_NielsenJohannes_Nielsen Member Posts: 206
    The Solution for us was to invest in Office 2007/2010 licenses. :roll:
    Johannes Sebastian
    MB7-840,MB7-841