Service failure

fabio78fabio78 Member Posts: 37
Hi

I've a problem with Navision Server Database Service (Native Navision Server, not SQL).
Nav Version: NAV 2009 SP1 (6.0.29626)
The service go down with this error in the event viewer:

Faulting application server.exe, version 6.0.29626.0, time stamp 0x4a8494b3, faulting module server.exe, version 6.0.29626.0, time stamp 0x4a8494b3, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0001dae1, process id 0x8e4, application start time 0x01cb07b9e7391a64.

and after few second with this warning in the event viewer:

The description for Event ID 20010 from source SERVER1 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

The system failed to publish or update the Database Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic Service Connection Point in Active Directory.

The system returned the following error:
Access is denied.

Contact your system administrator or your vendor for s

Can anyone help me?

regards

Comments

• nhumbert1nhumbert1 Member Posts: 3
    I had a similar problem when my Service account used to run the service lost priveliges due to an update from MS. A quick test I used was to put my Enterprise Admin account and password into the service and try launching it. (overkill, I know).

If the service works during this test, the service account or local system account is most likely missing rights to publish to active directory on one of the domain controllers.

Hope this helps.
    - Nat
    NAVDabbler
  • fabio78fabio78 Member Posts: 37
    Ho nhumbert1,

the service run with Network Service account. The problem is that the Service run normally for some days and go down suddenly.
    What Navision must do in Active Directory? Which error there is, if any, in Domain Controller?

regards
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    How big cache you have set? Sometime there are problems with cache bigger than 700MB...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • fabio78fabio78 Member Posts: 37
    I've set cache = 1000000
  • alok_didaalok_dida Member Posts: 73
    try to do one thing. Assigned a window login to a NAV Service and than try it. It might be work.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    fabio78 wrote:
    I've set cache = 1000000
    Then try to set it to 700000 only... 1GB is not stable value...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.