Problem with Footer Section!!!!!!!!!

southindiansouthindian Member Posts: 247
i had query regarding the report

I had created a invoice report , in which the i had designed the footer section with Print on Every Page as "YES" and Place in bottom as "YES". The actual problem am facing is whenever the line details(Sales invoice Line) are more than 10 line , it display the total of that page at the end at bottom and it is creating a new page and continue with remaining lines.User dont want the Total to be displayed for the record that more than 10 lines in frist page and want the total to be displayed at the end of the record. how to do it... i had tried all the option that am aware . i had removed the property i had set for footer section and tried with different option ... but it is not working... kindly need advice
](*,) :^o

Comments

• ShonatinaShonatina Member Posts: 114
    if i understand correctly you are saying that it prints the total in the bottom as you want but regardless of the no of lines total you want? 'm i correct so far?

where are you placing you codes and can we see the codes please?
    smile always
    shona
    That which you seek inside is that which you find outside
  • southindiansouthindian Member Posts: 247
    CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT("Sales Invoice Header"."Free Supply" = FALSE);
    repCheck.InitTextVariable();
    CLEAR(decTotalAmount2);
    IF "Sales Invoice Header"."Free Supply" = FALSE THEN BEGIN
    decTotalAmount2 := ROUND(decTotalAmount+decTax+decRoundOff,0.1);
    repCheck.FormatNoText(txtTotalInWords,decTotalAmount2,'');
    END;

This is what the code i have written... hwot print for the record which continues in next page... but user dont want the total to be displayed in the pervious page(frist page) and only at the last page (second page). how to do it. i had set the property of Footer section both the (Print on every page and Print at the bottom to "YES"), how to do it
    i might be wrong, still didnt you say that you only want 10 or so lines to be printed in the 1st page? so shouldnt we write a loop code for that?
    smile always
    shona
    i dint get wat u say??? #-o
    oh in your code you have not given any condition saying that only 10 lines should be printed in a page!
    have you?
    smile always
    shona
    for example i had told 10 lines , but it getting printed about 15 lines without mentioning the line counts. did u have any idea , that can help me to solve my problem
    for example i had told 10 lines , but it getting printed about 15 lines without mentioning the line counts. did u have any idea , that can help me to solve my problem

where exactly in the code have you told this? sorry i must have missed it!
    smile always
    shona
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    i had query regarding the report
    I had created a invoice report , in which the i had designed the footer section with Print on Every Page as "YES" and Place in bottom as "YES". The actual problem am facing is whenever the line details(Sales invoice Line) are more than 10 line , it display the total of that page at the end at bottom and it is creating a new page and continue with remaining lines.User dont want the Total to be displayed for the record that more than 10 lines in frist page and want the total to be displayed at the end of the record. how to do it... i had tried all the option that am aware . i had removed the property i had set for footer section and tried with different option ... but it is not working... kindly need advice
    ](*,) :^o

I'm not completely understanding....
    If you have a footer and you don't want it on every page then change print on every page to "no".

if you need some info to print at the bottom of each page then add a new trans-footer not a footer.

to control lines on a page use something like this.

OnPostSection() of sales line
    LinesPerPage := LinesPerPage + 1;
    IF LinesPerPage > 10 THEN
    CurrReport.NEWPAGE;
  • mabl4367mabl4367 Member Posts: 143
    I thinkyou have a transfer footer section that you have not toald us about and that this section is responsible for printing a partial sum when not all the lines will fit into the fisrt page. Am I right?