Lookup does not work in NAV 2009 SP1

thankeshthankesh Member Posts: 170
Dear pals,

I created a field called "Measurement code" in "Test plan line" table (new table). I gave table relation for "Measurement code" field as "Quality Measurement" table (New table) for giving lookup to the "Measurement code" field in "Quality measurement" table. But, the lookup does not work even if i created a list form as the "Quality measurement" with source table -> Quality Measurement, Primary key -> Measurement code). Kindly give your suggestions. Thanks in advance.
With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***

Answers

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    But, the lookup does not work
    :-k there are a lot of ways to "not work"...what do you mean? an error?if so, what's the error text?
    Or does the lookup not show your page at all?
    If it's the second one, check lookupformID property of the table being looked up (Quality measurement if i read carefully). then check also the drilldownformID, because you'll probably want to set it with the same value...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • thankeshthankesh Member Posts: 170
    I want to give look up for the field "Measurement code" field to "Quality Measurement" table which has been already created. For achieving this, I gave the table relation -> Quality Measurement."Measurement code". But when I tried to look up this field, there is no action(error messages).
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
    I don't like "quote posts" but what about these two observations i did before?
    if so, what's the error text?
    If it's the second one, check lookupformID property of the table being looked up
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Answers to your I - observation:

The lookup button can be seen in the field, but nothing is happening while clicking the button or while pressing F6 (shortcut key).

II - Observation:

I want to give lookup for a specific field " Measurement code". So, I did not give any values in lookupformID property of "Test Plan line" table.
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
    you have to set lookupformid property for Quality Measurement table (which is the table that should pop up when you press the lookup, isn't it?).
    if this does not work, check if you have some code (even commented lines count) under the onlookup triggers of the table or the form
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Thank you so much. It works. :thumbsup:
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
    you're welcome...
    well, the solution was in the first post, isn't it?
    Or does the lookup not show your page at all?
    If it's the second one, check lookupformID property of the table being looked up (Quality measurement if i read carefully).
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!