Relationship between Warehouse Entry and Item Ledger Entry

shrekutshrekut Member Posts: 27
I am trying to develop a solution in NAV 6.0 sp1 that will show the Bin Code in the Item Ledger Entry (as a Flow Field). I believe that I have been successful in getting the “Item Ledger Entry”.”Entry No.” written in the Warehouse Entry even when a Spilt occurs. My question is this: Does anyone know any conditions under which there is NOT a one to one relationship between the Item Ledger Entry and the Warehouse Entry given a Location that is Bin Mandatory. The client is only using Bins, not full Warehouse Management.

Thank for the Help!

Comments

• FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    If you post a an item transfer on bin level (movement from bin to bin) NAV will not create any item ledger entries but only warehouse entries.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • shrekutshrekut Member Posts: 27
    That is a good point. Thank you for your help. Any idea of what the consequences would be if I make it Post the financial site (Post to the Item Ledger Entry) during a Bin to Bin transfer? I really need to rely on the Item Ledger Entry as a starting point for finding where an Item/Lot is located, since NAV falls way short here.
    Maybe it would be best you explain what your target is. You could develop a function which under certain conditions tests or displays availability per bin (but that already exists as "Bin Contents" so probably your target is something else).

I could think of several ways where there is not a 1:1 relationship:
    - several bins per purchase line will result in 1 ILE but several WE
    - split item journal lines because of remaining qty. but only 1 WE (although this might not give you problems)

In these cases you will end up with an inconsistent no. of item ledger entries and warehouse entries.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • shrekutshrekut Member Posts: 27
    Our customer wants a FIFO listing of Lots and the Bins they are in. Currently if you list Bin Contents the user has to drill down on Qty. (Base) to see the Lots and Expatriation Dates in that Bin. The customer wants to see this list instead of the Bin Contents List. Plus they want to have Lots automatically assigned, in FIFO order, in places like Sales Orders, BOM Journal and Transfer Orders (this is a spate but related issue).
    I would like to use the Item Ledger Entry to build this list. I thought that if I could assign the Item Ledger Entry No. to the Warehouse Entry when they are created. Then I could use a Flow Field in the Item Ledger Entry to lookup the Bin Code from the Warehouse Entry table. This would make building this list, using a temp table, quite easy.
    To make matters worse there is a bug in Standard NAV where under particular data conditions, when you assign Lots to a Transfer or Sales Order the Reservations are fully or partially canceled. I am currently working with Microsoft to see if they will fix this issue. They have be able to duplicate the issue, but so far, they have it on the back burner. The bad thing is, this bug interferes with the Auto FIFO Lot assignment.

Thank you again for your help.
    That's exactly what we have built here. A list per item, Variant, Location, LotNo. and/or SerialNo., Bin Code, avail. qty.
    To display everything we are using T338 temporary and F6500. We have added some fields to the table which we needed and some code to the form so that it auto displays the fields only if called from this function.

Our function fills the Temptable in a first step from ILE. In a second run we read the Temp records and filter on WhseEntries to add bin info to existing TempRecords or to split TempRecords. In a third step we add some additional info from the service item and last we delete all records which have 0 qty.

This Fu is called with a filter for an item and a location (and optionally with a bin code).

Auto Assignment here is easy as lot nos. are always ascending.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting