nav 5 server move issue please help

priorypriory Member Posts: 4
Today I moved my nav 5 database from sql 2005 32bit on 2008 server to sql 2005 sp3 on 2008 r2

Im having an issue where i get "the combination of user id and password entered is invalid please try again"

I have added the 64bit stored procedures and have tried many times to re sync my accounts but i can only get in as "sa"
windows authentication will not work.

I moved my database to the new server and attached it, and then added the domain users manually to the master database with the same settings as my old server.

I have deleted all users in nav and synced and they do disappear from the sql security logins but no matter what i try i cannot log in as my users.

Does anyone have a possible solution or place i need to look next

Thanks for your time

priory

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    The system identifies logins by an internal ID (SID). Even though you created the same name, to the system they are two different logins because they have different SIDs. You must transfer the between servers.

1. Delete the NAV database on the new server. be sure you have saved a copy.

2. Delete the SQL Server Logins that you created on the new server.

3. Transfer logins from old to new server. See this for the process: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918992/

4. Put the NAV DB back on the new server.

5. Login to NAV and sync security.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • priorypriory Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info!

I have tried the ms article but i still don't get any users in my new sql server.

i still get the password message on nav.

Is there anything else i may of missed
  • priorypriory Member Posts: 4
    after using a microsoft support incident i used the following solution

I only have 40 users, and currently they all have super access.

so I

logged into my new database server as sa,

went into tools "object designer"
    opened Windows login & windows access control tables
    deleted all users

Then returned to Tools , security, windows logins and re created my users and
    set the roles back to super (for now)

then synced all users.

And im happily up and running again.
    :thumbsup: