Options

What means of upload,import?

yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
edited 2011-08-01 in NAV Tips & Tricks
Hi Expert,

Who can be explain their properties at NAV 2009 License Information Form?

Upload - ? (When we use this)
Import - ?

Other File-> Alter Database-> Integration -> Save license in database.(When we use this?)

I not clear what is their difference?

Best Regards,
Yukon
Make Simple & Easy

Comments

• Options
    manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    Save license in database: This setting allows you to specify that the license file is uploaded and stored in the database instead of on the server. This is useful if you are hosting several databases with separate license files on the same server.

Upload..
    Used to upload your license file to the SQL Server that you wish to access. The license information will be used by all the client computers that connect to this server unless a database license file is being used.

Import..
    Used to import a new license file, which can then be used each time the application is opened (or until another license file is imported). Note, however, that as soon as a database is opened on a SQL Server, the license information on the server will be used and, therefore, the imported license file will not be used.

Export..
    Used to export a copy of your license file - to a diskette, for example. You use this when you renew your license.

Change..
    Used for a temporary change of license file, when a dealer visits you, for example, and has brought his or her own license file on a diskette (to be able to use C/AL permissions). This function ensures that the change is not saved the next time you start the program, and your old license file is used. You must be sure to use this if you want to work using the demonstration license file cronus.flf, otherwise you may overwrite your own license file.
    Regards,
    Manish
  • Options
    yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi manisharma31,

Thank 4 your reply. Now, i'm clear it. =D>

Best Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Options
    Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Very Good Reply.
    Save license in database: This setting allows you to specify that the license file is uploaded and stored in the database instead of on the server. This is useful if you are hosting several databases with separate license files on the same server.

Upload..
    Used to upload your license file to the SQL Server that you wish to access. The license information will be used by all the client computers that connect to this server unless a database license file is being used.

Import..
    Used to import a new license file, which can then be used each time the application is opened (or until another license file is imported). Note, however, that as soon as a database is opened on a SQL Server, the license information on the server will be used and, therefore, the imported license file will not be used.

Export..
    Used to export a copy of your license file - to a diskette, for example. You use this when you renew your license.

Change..
    Used for a temporary change of license file, when a dealer visits you, for example, and has brought his or her own license file on a diskette (to be able to use C/AL permissions). This function ensures that the change is not saved the next time you start the program, and your old license file is used. You must be sure to use this if you want to work using the demonstration license file cronus.flf, otherwise you may overwrite your own license file.
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com
  • Options
    manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    Regards,
    Manish
  • Options
    search1110search1110 Member, No Posting Permissions Posts: 19
    Wrong. whatever you do with import in SQL. It was supposed to work only for native database.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    search1110 wrote:
    Wrong
    No not wrong. Incomplete maybe, but definitely not wrong.
  • Options
    st0328st0328 Member Posts: 97
    Hi All,

I am using NAV R2 . Recently Our license has expired. I used the Option UPLOAD to change the License file.

my Classic i working fine.

When i running RTC, the Error Message is coming --> "Your License is Expired"

Is there anything i am missing. Please suggest me
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Check whether your new license has permissions for RTC.
  • Options
    geronimogeronimo Member Posts: 90
    have you restarted the service?