How to count the Item's qty. on Sales Oders?

billhwang2008billhwang2008 Member Posts: 32
Hi, experts,

I am troubled by a new requirement: create a new report which can count Item's Qty. on Sales orders, filter Item No. and Sales Order Date.

I tried to create 3 Dataitems: Item, Sales Header and Sales Line, then found that I cannot assign the DataItemLinkReference between Item and Sales Header.

After checked many existing Reports and searched the topics in this forum, but no solution found, I think I cannot figure it out by myself, could you please give me some help? thanks a lot.

Answers

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    What about the report ID - 708 Inventory Order details.

This report has the parameters what you expect.
  • billhwang2008billhwang2008 Member Posts: 32
    What about the report ID - 708 Inventory Order details.

This report has the parameters what you expect.

Hi, chengalasettyvsrao, thanks for your ultrafast reply. In fact, I already check Report 708, it can only filter shipment date, not sales order date.
    You can add Order Date field to sales Line , then you can filter based on order date.

When it comes purchase Module - Order date field is available in Purchase Line also , but sales line it does not have.
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    You do not need to create a link between Item & Sales Header.
    Rather the link should be between Item & Sales Line, and Sales Header & Sales Line.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
    idiot wrote:
    You do not need to create a link between Item & Sales Header.
    Rather the link should be between Item & Sales Line, and Sales Header & Sales Line.

Thanks for reply, but after tested today, I still cannot work it out :(

I havn't many experiences on NAV development, could you please give a bit more specific? thank you very much.
    You can add Order Date field to sales Line , then you can filter based on order date.

When it comes purchase Module - Order date field is available in Purchase Line also , but sales line it does not have.

Great, it works!

One more new question: because Field "Order Date" is newly created, so all previous sales lines' order date are empty, could anybody give me an idea to copy Order Date from each Sales Header to corresponding Sales Lines automatically? thanks.
  • robinho81robinho81 Member Posts: 48
    create a report based on the Sales Line and Validate the order date from the table Sales Header.
    edited 2010-06-12
    because Field "Order Date" is newly created, so all previous sales lines' order date are empty, could anybody give me an idea to copy Order Date from each Sales Header to corresponding Sales Lines automatically? thanks.

You can write a processing report to update the Order date in the sales Line also. Take the help from your developer to update the Order Date.
    thanks you two, but, pardon me for one more requirement, could you please tell me an example? I'm muddleheaded now.
  • robinho81robinho81 Member Posts: 48
    This should do it:
    make a report, dataitem Sales Line
    make a global recSalesHeader type record Sales Header

IF recSalesHeader.GET(1,"Order No.")
    THEN
    BEGIN
    VALIDATE("line order date","header order date");
    MODIFY;
    END;
    robinho81 wrote: