Printing following pages from another paper tray

cosch1cosch1 Member Posts: 37
Hi experts,
has anyone an idea how to print automatic the following pages from another paper tray than the first page - without request form?
Our NAV-Systemhouse said "no". I can't believe it!

Thanks for help from germany!
cosch

Comments

• AdrianAkersAdrianAkers Member Posts: 137
    So you want to print 1 page from one printer tray and the rest from another tray?
  • cosch1cosch1 Member Posts: 37
    So you want to print 1 page from one printer tray and the rest from another tray?

yes, so I'll do it!
    Problem is that the print button on the reports points to your default printer...

If you want to pay your solution centre a lot of money then you could get them to handle the whole printing process of the report for you and code all of this in... But good luck with that and it will be many many days work...

Alternatively... Why not do a bit of lateral thinking. Setup your printer to fall over to a different tray if the paper runs out... Then ensure you only have one piece of paper in the tray when you start to print, then when it runs out it will change to the other tray!

This has to be the most bizarre reply to a post I have ever done! :(
    Also listen to your solution centre... In most instances they will be telling you the truth and will know best... :thumbsup:
    Problem is that the print button on the reports points to your default printer...

If you want to pay your solution centre a lot of money then you could get them to handle the whole printing process of the report for you and code all of this in... But good luck with that and it will be many many days work...

Alternatively... Why not do a bit of lateral thinking. Setup your printer to fall over to a different tray if the paper runs out... Then ensure you only have one piece of paper in the tray when you start to print, then when it runs out it will change to the other tray!

This has to be the most bizarre reply to a post I have ever done! :(

Hey, funny idea..... :D But no solution for me! We are printing al lot of delivery notes, invoices and so on!
    Also listen to your solution centre... In most instances they will be telling you the truth and will know best... :thumbsup:

not in this case, our solution centre don't have the best solutions for us in much cases.....
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    cosch1 wrote:
    our solution centre don't have the best solutions for us in much cases

Depending on the cases then either you should change the solution center or not because they are just being honest. Some times you shouldn't do something.

Anyway, this could be discussed if we had an example of such cases.

Regarding your issue:

From what I see on my HP 4050 printer properties you have the ability to set the first page to print from a different tray.

Maybe you can setup a new printer, set it to such a behavior, and add that printer as a default for your report.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Reports have these two properties:
    -PaperSourceFirstPage
    Use this property to specify which paper source to use when printing page one of the report.-
    PaperSourceOtherPages
    Use this property to specify which paper source to use when printing pages other than page one.

I personally have never used it, but they are there, you need to play with it.
    F1 provides more details - look yourself. But even if it's talking about 2 printers instead of 2 trays you can create two of the same printer on your pc - but setting different trays in the printing defaults for each.

Also look for more posts:
    http://lmsmfy.com/?q=Paper+tray
    http://lmsmfy.com/?q=Papersource